Monday 18 May 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge - #7 Winnie The Pooh 2/5

Hi all!

Believe it or not, we are already at week 7 of this Spring Into Summer New Start Binge, an attempt to start 17 new projects during the 17 weekends in April, May, June and July. There have been a few hiccups along the way but generally it's been so far so good.

Here are Tiff's and Annie's new starts this week.

For my seventh start I chose the second in the set of 5 Winnie The Pooh designs. In the first one he was eating the hunny, now in this one he's realised it's all gone!



Here's my progress over the weekend.

Winnie The Pooh And the Hunny Pot 2/5 by Designer Stitches
Stitched on 16ct Cloud Blue Sky over-dyed aida by sewitall.com
Stitching time to date - 5 hours 30 minutes


Stitching time is mostly very limited again but, thanks to the non-Eurovision Song Contest being on this weekend (which is an annual MUST watch) I was able to complete a good amount. I've discovered, though, that these designs are deceivingly larger than they look and will take me a lot longer to stitch than originally estimated. Not that it matters; a project is a project.

For start number eight ext week a cute little mouse will make an appearance.

Take care,
Rachel x

14 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Great start! I'm glad you found some time to stitch this weekend and it's a good start on the large blocks of colour needed. At least even if they're larger than anticipated, the colour changes are few.

Linda said...

Nice start Rachel. Love this set.

Linda

Cathy said...

Another nice start! It may be larger than you think, but with as few colors as it has, it should go pretty fast.

Suzanne H said...

I love Winnie the Pooh! I'm always awed by your starts and finishes! So much stitching!

Annie said...

Such a cute start:) Those large fields of stitches can be quite time consuming even though they're easy to stitch… I have yet to decide what to start on next weekend...

Hayley said...

May I ask, do you have a floss tube? And if you don’t, would you consider one? Love your projects and your organized style x

Katie said...

Fantastic new start. I bet those big blocks of colors are nice for some no focus stitching.

Sarah Haggett said...

I’m loving all the Pooh! Even though I spend hours these days having to pretend to be him...
I finally finished my Pooh cushion as well, but I have a feeling I’ll be required to stitch more soon.

Faith... said...

Great start. He is from one of my favorite group of characters!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is adorable!

Mini said...

Such a lovely new start.

Bethan said...

Great start, and I love the fabric you are using. The non-eurovision song contest did provide lots of lovely stitching time for me too x

Astrids dragon said...

Another cute one started, it looks good with that fabric.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm glad to see another one from this series! I can see how there is a lot of work on each of them, but I'm sure with how block-y it is they'll still stitch up fast!