Monday, 22 April 2019

Hogwarts In A Bottle - 50 hours

Hello again!

So the completion of Mr Scruffy meant I could return my full attention to this piece. As planned, I started this 10 hour stint with the backstitching, and what a difference! The pattern uses black thread but I swapped it for dark grey 3799 which, in my opinion, would not look so harsh and better suit the blue/grey colour scheme. I don't think I made a mistake.

Here was my progress last time:

And this time:

And the full piece:

On big projects I generally tend to work from right to left and relatively neatly but on this one I'm working from the outsides in and seem to be all over the place! I think it was because I wasn't really getting the vibes for stitching it. I've swapped to another project for the moment but hope the vibes will return soon.

Take care,
Rachel x


Linda said...

Great progress Rachel.


Cathy said...

It's looking good! I often switch out 310 for 3799 when doing backstitch as it seems less "in your face". I hope the good vibes come back soon.

Quilting Tangent said...

The jar top looks like real glass, great job.

Faith... said...

Your Bottle is looking great! I love it. The backstitching looks great in that color. Swapping out the color for 3799 is a trick I always forget.

I think sometimes you are on a "high" with one chart and when it is finished and you start another it can be a bit of a let down! Hope you get your stitchy vibe back soon.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work and a good decision on the swap for backstitch too.

deb said...

Excellent color choice for the backstitch and the entire thing is looking completely fantastic!!

Astrids dragon said...

No mistake there, it looks great! The fabric really looks perfect with it.

Leonore Winterer said...

The backstitch is making a huge difference, it's looking so much neater now. And we're really starting to see Hogwarts! I hope you'll get your vibe back soon.