Saturday 3 May 2014

Scarlet Macaw Preening - 20 hour update

Hello all!

I'd like to start by welcoming my first 11 followers. So hello to Justine, Miss Lilly, Anne, Tamara, Miamina, Gizzimomo, Lauren, qtknits, Ingius, Stephie and sharine. With followers and comments it's a really uplifting feeling to know there are people all over the world who like my stitching. Thank you!


I managed to sneak in quite a bit of stitching on Sherlock over Easter with a couple of late nights as planned. However, stitching slowed down once the children were back at school and I have only just reached the 20 hour mark. So here is the latest picture:

After 10 hours

After 20 hours


I generally don't work one page at a time, but found it easier on this WIP due to the size of the chart. I am staying with Sherlock again and hope to conclude the first row by stitching the left and right hand sides and the top half of his confetti-heavy eye.


I have also made a start on my final new WIP but was told off by my son for not completing enough of Sherlock first (yes Toby, sorry Toby). So, after 4 hours and with my head hung in shame I have put it away which means you'll have to wait a while longer before it's revealed to you! But as a tease, it's another HAED with, unusually, only 31 colours. Any ideas?

Hope you all have a relaxing and stitchy Bank Holiday

All the best and
Happy stitching :)
Rachel x

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely work!

Thea @ Gizzimomo's Stitchy Place

Annie said...

Such beautiful colors! Can't wait to see more!

Jenilee said...

New follower to your blog - I love your idea of the 10 hour updates! I try to do once a week but sometimes I feel like I have made almost no progress in that week due to the little ones, etc. And based on your bio, I am amazed you have any time to stitch at all! Good for you :) And your macaw is so pretty - I love the colors :)

Lulu said...

Beautiful stitching! I love the bright colors and look forward to following your progress :)

Miamina said...

It's coming along really well, keep it up! :)