Monday 4 May 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge - #5 Winnie The Pooh 1/5

Hi all!

So here we are already into the second of four months of this mad new start binge, the aim of which is to start a new project for each of the 17 weekends in April, May, June and July.

Joining me are Tiff and Annie.

This is week number five, so start number five, which just also happens to be the first in a set of five. It's from the Winnie The Pooh Honey, Trees and Bees booklet by Designer Stitches.




The main reason I'm starting this set is because I found this fabric. It's perfect for what I have in mind when all five pieces are eventually finished.



As for the stitching itself, I had a little more success than last weekend so made a fairly good start on his head:

Winnie The Pooh and Hunny Pot 1/5 by Designer Stitches
Stitched on 16ct Cloud Blue Sky over-dyed aida
Stitching time to date - 2 hours


I do have the actual Winnie The Pooh Designer Threads skein pack but didn't use it as I'm not sure I have enough of the Pooh colour for all five pieces. There isn't an exact DMC colour match so this is 3821 which is just about right I think. Shame I didn't get around to doing his eyes and cute little black nose!

Next weekend's start will either be a cat or a mouse, I haven't decided. Any preference?

Take care,
Rachel x

11 comments:

Annie said...

Winnie The pooh is so adorable and the fabric is lovely! Can't wait to see what you have planned for them:) Thank you for giving me a perfect reason to start some more projects!

Cathy said...

That fabric is so cute and perfect for the designs. They should be quick stitches with so few colors. I vote for a cat next time.

Quilting Tangent said...

So cute!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great new start! The fabric is a perfect match too.

I vote for a cat next time.

Tiffstitch said...

Great start! I love that fabric, both the stitchy one and the backing one. Nice to get a couple hours in to stitch as well.

Katie said...

Fabric is a perfect fit. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create. Either for your next one is fine with me. I bet both are cute. Which I'll love.

Faith... said...

Isn't he the cutest little bear you have ever seen. I just love him and his friends. Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for there.

Mini said...

The fabric is perfect to motivate a new start.
I vote for a cat!

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love Winnie the Pooh 😍

Leonore Winterer said...

Great start, and looks like he'll be stitching up quickly as well!
Now I'm curious to see whether the other four will make it into the starting binge as well...

Astrids dragon said...

This is going to be so adorable! Are you stitching them individually, or all together?
Did you decide what's next? I say cat if you haven't!