Saturday 2 May 2020

People's Choice SAL - Fire

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is fire.

This is a very empty category for me. In fact I can only think of one finished project and one WIP.

The finished project is Fire Dragon by Dragon Dreams. This was stitched back in 2015 along with the other three elemental dragons, Air, Water and Earth:



The WIP is Tribal Dragon by Thread Geeks, one of many of Anne Stokes' dragons designs. I've spent just over a week on it so far so still have a very long way to go:




As for what's in my stash, the only thing fire-related is Skeleton's Stew by Stoney Creek. This will probably be on my Olympic 2021 list.

Skeleton's Stew LFT306 booklet


Thinking of fire, I'm also thinking of phoenixes. The following chart is one I keep looking at but will never buy as it's just too big and would never get finished. This is Autumn Phoenix by Paine Free Crafts. He might be moulting a few feathers but still looks very healthy for a phoenix so I'm guessing he's not long been reborn.



Finally, this popped into my mind. I know someone stitched it a few years ago - Katie? - and it still tickles me. It's Warm Winter Wishes by Waxing Moon Designs.

Waxing Moon Designs Warm Winter Wishes - Cross Stitch Pattern ...


Now I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has posted on this theme. I've deliberately left out the fire service so hope I'll find that somewhere along the line.

Next month's theme is dragonflies.

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month.
I intended to link to the Dragon Dreams elements and forgot, so I am glad that you did!
The Tribal one is amazing on that black fabric and the Phoenix would be gorgeous too.

Tiffstitch said...

Oh, I love that WIP! I think I might need to find that one. And I might have the Warm Winter Wishes chart? I've forgotten now as I kept looking at it and can't remember if I bought it.

Mini said...

At least you were able to find one finished and one WIP for this theme, I had to use shoe horns.

Annie said...

Oh my, that Autumn Phoenix is simply stunning!!! I can see why you've had your eyes on it...:D

jocondine said...

Love those dragons and Halloween and Phoenix look great. Santa is well known to use fireplaces I didn't expect that one! Great post. xxx

Katie said...

Your post reminded me I need to post. Thanks. Love your fire dragon. Your WIP is gorgeous too. Beautiful colors. Love the Skeleton Stew piece. How fun. I think I might have hosted a giveaway with that chart from Waxing Moon. Almost missed the Paine Free piece. She is beautiful. I have way too many dragons to do from that company though.

Bethan said...

That WIP will be amazing - stitching on black must be an absolute nightmare though! x

Ann C. said...

Love your fire dragon! I have the 4 elemental dragon patterns, but never got around to stitching them. The phoenix pattern looks interesting with the feathers. Usually you only see the flames. The tribal fire dragon looks beautiful on black fabric.

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely selection of patterns, I especially like the phoenix. But your dragon is pretty cute as well :)

Astrids dragon said...

Oooh, lovely Fire Dragon and the Tribal Dragon will be stunning!
The skeleton's will be a fun one and that Phoenix is tempting.
Cute Winter Wishes too!