Friday 23 February 2018

Smalls SAL - February 2018

Good afternoon everybody!

It's the last Friday of the month again so time to check in with the Smalls SAL run by Heather of Stitching Lotus.




I have a colourful Australian tweety for you this month:

Gouldian Finch by FuzzyFoxDesigns (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Summer Sky over-dyed aida from sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitch count - 39 wide by 30 high
Started - 1st February 2018
Finished - 3rd February 2018
Total stitching time - 4 hours 50 minutes


He's one of a number of little Australian (and other) birds available from FuzzyFoxDesigns. I have a few of the charts but only one more is planned for stitching during 2018.

And, in the hope of adding no more pieces to my Box of Shame, he's been finished off too with really bright completely over-the-top backing fabric and coordinating barley twist cord. Talk about the perfect match!




As a fun fact my finished ornament weighs 16g - 4g more than the little tiny finch himself!

I hope you like him.

Next month... a second piece of cheeky fruit.
Rachel x

17 comments:

Sarah said...

He's so cute! And that is perfect fabric on the back.

Pamela said...

Very colorful! Nice finish!

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish Rachel. What a colorful design.

Linda

Faith... said...

What a colorful finch! Great backing fabric for him too. Congrats on another awesome finish Rachel.

Mary's Thread said...

Cute! I love the backing fabric! My son is stitching one of her designs too! They are darling!

Elfie said...

That is a very cute little bird, and you have finished it beautifully. Such lovely joyous colours. Well done!

Mary said...

Very cute finish. I love the coordinating fabric.

Robin in Virginia said...

Super bird stitch and I really like the backing fabric you used. Well done!

Preeti said...

Very cute! The finish fabric is so perfectly colorful:)

Mabon Stitcher said...

He's so peppy. Great fabric choice :)

Pull the other thread said...

Well that is just ridiculously, stinking, cute!! I adore your finish choice as well, just perfect. Congrats on an amazing little finish.

Terri said...

SO cute! I love it!

Katie said...

Too cute. I love the fabric. Perfect!!

Michele Stravato said...

Great stitching and love the backing fabric!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

He's adorable! And the fabric is perfect too.

The Crafty Princess said...

I can absolutely say that this finch is my favourite of all your birdies. Sooooo many beautiful colours! Just adore him and that fabric is so vibrant it makes me want to dance and drink cocktails LOL!
xo Alicia

Stitching Noni said...

So cute! Finishing fabric is a perfect match :)
Hugs x