Thursday 1 March 2018

February Progress on 2015/2016 Challenge Pieces

Hello there!

Another month has flown past already so it's time to check in with my stitching for February on my outstanding WIPs started back in 2015/2016. Remember that my aim is to finish one and work on two more each month. So, how did I do?

Well, I finished Spring from The Four Seasons (posted previously) and worked on:


Spring Alphabet by Lizzie Kate
started 22nd January 2016; worked on last month
completed fifth and half of sixth rows



Canal Crossing by Heritage Crafts
started 10th February 2015; last stitched on 26th April 2015
worked my way down and across from the top right


I also ripped out and re-stitched the green I was not totally happy with on the Spring Alphabet. I chose the best brightish olive green match I could find so now the 'wrong' green...


has been replaced with a better green (particularly noticeable in the trefoil):


Much better, don't you think? I'm certainly a lot happier and think it was definitely worth the additional 5 hours it took to rip and restitch these sections and a few more odd bits.

In March I should be able to finish Spring Alphabet and make further progress on Canal Crossing and another project from my very slowly shrinking bag of WIPs.

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Rachel. I love the new shade of green you picked.

Linda

Preeti said...

Great progress, Rachel! Good that you changed the color. While you are happily seeing your shrinking bag of WIPs, are you also thinking about new starts?;)

Faith... said...

The new shade of green looks great Rachel; you were right to rip it out and restitch it! I just love that Alphabet series. It is a shame LK is retiring though, she always had lots of cute designs.

Pull the other thread said...

Fantastic progress on this projects. The change in the green looks fantastic, definitely a good choice.

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on your WIPs. I agree with your change of green being worth it in the end.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work, and yes, the decision to change the green was the right one!