Wednesday 29 October 2014

Autumnal Abstract - 120 hour update

Good evening all!

First of all I would like to say a very warm welcome to my new followers over the last month or so. I hope you are enjoying my blog and accompanying ramblings. :)

Secondly, thank you for all the lovely comments about my birthday stash. When I was updating my Current Stash pages I realized just how many charts I had. So from now on the purchasing of (or asking for) any more cross stitch charts is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN (yeah right!!!) Perhaps that could be a challenge for 2015 - just how long can you survive into the year without purchasing any new charts or kits? I don't think I'd last a month and I'm not sure some of you folks could even last a week!!!

But I digress, so, on to Autumnal Abstract. My enthusiasm for this project has still not waned one bit. This is probably the longest time I have stitched on one project without needing or wanting a change of colour pallet. I'm so proud and believe that finishing it before the end of the year is now a strong possibility, although I'm not going to rush to get it done. So, here it is:

After 110 hours

After 120 hours


I know what you're going to say - I've done a lot in 10 hours. But, remember, there are large blocks of colours!

I've just about resisted the temptation of starting Dolphin Ruins because I'm enjoying this one so much. But, the threads are in their box, the fabric is on the scroll bars and the place of the first stitch has been counted and marked! I don't know how much longer can I hold out though - it's still calling to me!

So, when I return next time will it be with Autumnal Abstract or Dolphin Ruins I wonder?

Until then,

All the best and
Happy stitching :)
Rachel x

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel

This wip is looking beatiful!
I don't think I would last very long without buying a chart! x

Pull the other thread said...

Looking forward to seeing which one you stitch on. This looks fantastic again.

Linda said...

More awesome progress Rachel.

Linda

Elisa said...

What a beautiful work!

Rachel said...

Thanks Bella. Maybe I will set it up as a challenge next year! :)

Rachel said...

Thank you... again! I'll keep you in suspense just that little bit longer! :)

Rachel said...

Thanks, Linda. I'm REALLY loving this one (as if you hadn't guessed already!) :)

Rachel said...

Welcome to my blog Elisa. I've popped over to yours and you have some stunning WIPs and finishes. I look forward to watching your WIPs progress too. :)

Mii Stitch said...

More fabulous progress, it just looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

It's coming along beautifully!

Thea @ Gizzimomo's Stitchy Place

Miamina said...

I have gone quite a while without buying charts and kits sometimes, it's when I'm told that I can't that I suddenly feel the need to buy everything I see!

Great progress on Autumnal Abstract!