Tuesday 22 September 2020

Hogwarts In A Bottle - 190 hours

Hi there!

So I've put in another 10 hours in on Hogwarts this month. I caught up with the backstitching first - over 7 hours of it - which meant there wasn't a lot of time left to put in many x's. At least I filled that gap near the bottom right which has been bugging me for a couple of months!

After 180 hours:


And now at 190 hours:



Now that the bridge arches, clouds of steam and train itself have been defined, there's not a lot of backstitching left, so it's onwards with the stitching. It won't get completed in the next 10 hours, but it won't be far off. I'm getting excited now!

Take care,
Rachel x

8 comments:

Cathy said...

You've made amazing progress on this one and you're so close to a finish. I'd probably go ahead and finish it now, but I'm not as organized and disciplined as you are. Have I told you yet that I love the fabric you chose? Because I really do love it.

Faith... said...

It does look close to a finish! Another 20 hours?

Katie said...

Wow. What a difference the backstitching made. Loved switching back and forth between the two photos. Amazing.

Annie said...

This piece is AMAZING! I've watched Harry Potter again over the summer and I'm so tempted to stitch some HP designs now...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work! This is getting so close to a finish now. The backstitch does bring it all to life,

Ann C. said...

I love watching your progress on this project.

Leonore Winterer said...

Good job getting all that backstitch out of the way - it looks great, and soo close!

Tiffstitch said...

Wow!! This looks so incredible! I need to get back to work on mine as well. But not for a while.