Wednesday 8 April 2020

JBW Advent Calendar - Days 6, 7 and 16 (and 11)

Hello all!

This year I am hoping to stitch all of the 24 designs making up JBW Designs' Advent Calendar.



Towards the end of March I managed to stitch the borders for three of the days. You may have seen them on my #24 post but here's a reminder of their emptiness. I think it's obvious which day is which!




It didn't take long to add the motifs but, in the snowman especially, there were so many colours for such a small design. I've added beads and charms to each day for a little bit of bling, and changed one or two colours along the way. Here are the finished pieces, all stitched on 16ct silver lurex aida:

Day 6 - Snowman:

Started - 30th March 2020
Finished - 2nd April 2020
Total Stitching time - 2 hours

Day 7 - Ice Skate:

Started - 30th March 2020
Finished - 3rd April 2020
Total Stitching time - 1 hour 30 minutes

Day 16 - Angel:

Started - 31st March 2020
Finished - 3rd April 2020
Total Stitching time - 1 hour 35 minutes


There's also another one which I finished on the last day of February and, although it appeared in March's FFG SAL, I haven't actually blogged about it, so I'll just quickly pop it in here:

Day 11 - Gingerbread Man

Started - 21st February 2020
Finished - 29th February 2020
Total Stitching time - 1 hour 35 minutes


Hopefully the new finishes will be FFOd in time for the FFG SAL on the 10th - is it almost that time of the month again?!

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm glad you've been able to keep up with these!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work! Can you remember where the charms came from? I could do with some tiny ones for my JBW 12 Days. I forgot that standard ones would be too big for 40 count!

Bethan said...

These are looking great - I hope you managed to meet your FFO deadline! x

Tiffstitch said...

Love these, and the finishing is so cute. Well done!

Katie said...

Love the way these turn out. Perfect.

Astrids dragon said...

Such sweet stitches, I love they way you finished them.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great job stitching three new squares! Those are so cute, especially the ice skates.