Friday 29 November 2019

Smalls SAL - November 2019

Hello all!

It's the last Friday of the month so time for the Smalls SAL. Thank you, Mary, for continuing to host this fun little SAL. Pop over to Mary's Blog to see what other participants have been stitching in the way of Smalls this month.



Each month I stitch a small project specifically for this SAL which doesn't appear elsewhere on my blog. This month it was the first of six Christmas cards by Durene Jones:

Happy Christmas by Durene Jones (etsy)
Stitch Count 45 wide by 45 high
Stitched on 16ct silver lurex aida 2 over 1
Started - 6th November 2019
Finished - 13th November 2019
Total stitching time - 7 hours 50 minutes


I love this little piece, especially with the beads which, I think, look much better than the burgundy french knots they were charted as. I know it's designed to be a card, but I have something else in mind!


For this Smalls SAL I'm also re-showing other qualifying small projects I've stitched during the month.

My birthstone of the month, November In Topaz:



And my monarch of the month, Edward III:



December's Smalls SAL will be another of Durene Jones' little Christmas cards.

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats ion the cute Finish Rachel. I love it.

Linda

Mary said...

Your card is so cute and cheerful and your November birthstone is very pretty.

Elfie said...

Three lovely Smalls, but Happy Christmas is the one that pulls at my heartstrings. So joyous!

Cathy said...

What a cute Christmas project! Durene is one of my favorite designers!

Katie said...

Durene Jones artwork is just fantastic. Great work on this cutie and your other smalls too.

Leonore Winterer said...

Aw, that's a cute one! I'm looking forward to seeing the next one, and finding our what you'll make with it.

Astrids dragon said...

All great finishes, but I really like Happy Christmas!

Faith... said...

Love that Durene Jones piece!. Great smalls this month Rachel.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely Smalls, I like the Durene Jones card, I have never stitched one of her designs.

Bethan said...

Oh the christmas card is lovely - I will have to look out for these designs! x