Good afternoon everybody!
Despite the numerous WIPs I have which need finishing, I allowed myself a new start over the lengthy summer school holiday. I told myself quite severely that this had to be on the understanding that it was stitchable within the seven week time-frame and easy enough so that it could be stitched on for just a few minutes at a time if necessary. This is the pattern I chose:
Mini Midnight Manor by Waxing Moon Designs
Stitched on 16ct Lime over-dyed aida from Sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitch count 80 wide by 80 high
Started - 22nd July 2016
Finished - 31st August 2016
Total stitching time - 16 hours 50 minutes
I made two main changes to the design:
1) I moved the lampposts slightly so that the design would be an exact square (because I already have a square frame to put it in)
2) I stitched the lights in the windows and lampposts as I thought it would give it a slightly more spooky feel.
Here's the original design for comparison:
I certainly don't think my changes have spoiled it but then I would say that!
Even though I used just over a skein of black I didn't get fed up of the one-colour chart - in fact it was quite refreshing for once not to have to change colours and carefully follow the symbols. This will definitely not be the only silhouette-type chart I stitch - there is a bigger version of this haunted house in my stash for starters.
Apart from my Smalls SAL pieces, I've got one more new start planned this year. Other than that, it's time to whip more of my WIPs and further decrease the number outstanding before the end of 2016. Best get on then.....
Take care everybody :)