Monday 10 November 2014

Autumnal Abstract - 160 hour update

Good afternoon all!

I'm back with another progress report! Thank you again for all of the wonderfully kind comments you have been leaving about Autumnal Abstract. I'm glad you enjoy watching my progress and are as eager and excited as me to see a finish!

As usual, this latest 10 hours of stitching has flown by, aided by a straight-through four hour session Sunday night into Monday morning - thank goodness for being able to pack the children off to bed earlier on Sundays!!

So here are the piccies:

After 150 hours

After 160 hours


I've already looked at mounts and frames from ezeframe.co.uk and experimented with various combinations. I think I've made my decision but as it's quite a bold choice I'm taking my time before ordering. That's the beauty of internet framing - there's simply no rush.

Until next time then.

All the best and
Happy stitching :)
Rachel x

14 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Wow! Huge progress again!!! I just love this piece, it looks such a joy to stitch :) xox

Keebles said...

You're really moving on this! Since I can't typically afford framers and I've started mounting my projects myself, I've been debating using an on-line framer to make my frame. Let me know how yours turns out!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel

More lovely progress!
Wishing you a good week x

Emma/Itzy said...

Great progress! So close to the end now!

Have you used ezeframe before? What are they like?

Heather said...

Still looking good it will look so great framed I'm curious which frame you picked :)

Linda said...

I'm going to miss seeing the updates on this one.

Linda

Pull the other thread said...

Soooo pretty. This really is a stunning piece and you always make such great progress.

Rachel said...

It is lovely to stitch - both the design and the colours are so soothing! :)

Rachel said...

You'll see how it turns out soon.... :)

Rachel said...

Thank you Sally. You too! :)

Rachel said...

I've used ezeframe before to frame three cross stitches and four pictures. They have not let me down yet. I'll talk more about them in a future post. :)

Rachel said...

I'll let you in on a bit of a secret - I've picked a frame that wasn't my first choice. But other than that you'll have to wait and see! :)

Rachel said...

Aw, thanks Linda. But nevermind - I'll be back with something else! :)

Rachel said...

Thank you so much. It's a stitcher's cliche but it really has been such fun to stitch. And fun = progress! :)