Tuesday 29 September 2020

The Loneliness Of Autumn - 90 hours

Hi all!

We're now at month number nine of The Loneliness Of Autumn, a SAL I'm stitching with Leonore, and what an exciting month it was, because I completed my third colour dead on the 90 hour mark!

I'm about 10 hours ahead of where I expected to be at the end of the third colour, but then I have had lots of blocks so far, so I'm assuming it will even out in the coming months as the confetti increases.

Anyway, on to the pictures. Here are the end of second and third colour comparisons. This is now 12,952/66,600 stitches or 19.45% complete:


And the 80 and 90 hour comparisons:



All right, so it's difficult to spot the differences, but I know they're there!

Next month, there will be actual colour in the form of 817 red. Yippee!

Leonore's link for September will be added soon.


A couple of extra things:

Dark October
With the exception of my monarch and this piece, October will dedicated to Halloween stitching as I join in with Dark October. There should be a couple of finishes if I'm lucky...

Naughty November Mini New Start Binge
This will still be going ahead as planned with the idea of starting a new project each full weekend (7th/8th, 14th/15th, 21st/22nd and 28th/29th) during the month. I will be stitching on each one of mine for only the weekend in question, but if you want to carry on working on them that's fine; it might be a good time to get those little Christmas pieces stitched. There's no sign-up or anything, it's just a bit of fun, especially for those of us seemingly not satisfied with already having a million WIPs! See you there?

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Katie said...

I see the difference. Can't wait to see the next colors though. Good luck with your October stitching. I will enjoy cheering you along. I'm going to join in with the November new starts. Will be picking out my projects soon.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work and very exciting to see the red appear!

Faith... said...

I think I can see the differences! It is easier to spot them when the pictures are side by side. Now to wait for red!!

I will also be stitching a small Halloween motif every day in October but I plan on stitching other things on the same day (time permitting) because they are itty bitty. The most they can be is 17x17. I am also ready for November. I will probably start the piece on the weekend and then continue for the entire week.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oooh that third colour looks great, but next is a red? How exciting is that! It's so fun to see yours grow. I'm super behind but getting ready to post my update, but it's nowhere near as exciting obviously :D

Tiffstitch said...

That looks fantastic! And nice to know you're continuing on, even with the Dark October plans. It's so interesting seeing it come together colour by colour.

Annie said...

It's fascinating to see your progress on this piece, and looking forward to some red colour!

FlashinScissors said...

Great stitching Rachel!

I’m planning on joining in on Naughty November as I have a few Christmas stitcheries I’d like to work on.

Barbara x