Monday 27 April 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge - #4 Pretty Little Toronto

Hi again!

If you don't know by now, Tiff and I are starting seventeen new projects each weekend during the months of April-July and have named it the Spring Into Summer New Start Binge. This is now (already!) week number four of seventeen.

This week's new start is the biggest of the seventeen and one that has been on my list for a long time. There was a reason I chose to start it this particular weekend.

You must have twigged that the number 10 is significant in my life; well, the number two is too. For example, we have have 2 children born 2 years 2 weeks and 2 days apart, 22 was the first house we bought, and Saturday was our 22nd wedding anniversary, which brought back wonderful memories of honeymooning in... Toronto, so starting this project was a no-brainer!



Unfortunately, stitching-wise, both Saturday and Sunday were a complete wash-out with me just scraping in a few stitches before bedtime. So here's my piddly achievement for the whole weekend, the beginning of the cloud on the right:

Pretty Little Toronto by Satsuma Street
Stitched on 16ct Winter Sunset aida by The Crafty Kitten
Stitching time to date - 20 minutes!


Obviously I'm looking forward to returning to it, especially given this pathetic start.

Next week's new start will be something to do with hunny I think.

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Annie said...

Well, at least it's a start:D I really love the look of the Satsuma Street designs - so bright and colourful - and I'd love to stitch some of their designs at some point:)

Tiffstitch said...

Hopefully your stitching time was decreased because you were busy celebrating family time. :) Love that fabric, a perfect Toronto sky.

Cathy said...

At least you can claim another start! BTW, I love the fabric; it's perfect!

Katie said...

Wow how neat about the numbers. Great new start even though it was only a little one. I need to look to see if they have a Vegas one.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A start is a start! I showed all four of my new starts in my Smalls post for April.

Linda said...

At least you started it Rachel. I love all of her city charts.

Linda

Faith... said...

Glad to see you started it and hey,it only takes one stitch to make a start! Loving the fabric you are using.

Bethan said...

What a lovely start - and such great fabric. I love the meaning behind the timing for your start. Happy anniversary!

Leonore Winterer said...

Happy anniversary! Hopefully, you can get back soon to give this a full 10 hours.
I'm not sure what to do about Pretty Little Tokyo, myself...start it this summer, anyways? Or wait until the postponed Olympic Stitchalong next year? Will have to decide at one point!

Astrids dragon said...

Two is a definitely a good number for you, and yay for your 22nd wedding anniversary!
I have been to Toronto several times and love it every time I go. The latest was with the family and we had a fantastic time. I look forward to seeing this come together.