Monday 20 April 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge - #3 Humming Along

Hello again!

The idea of the Spring Into Summer New Start Binge is to start a new project each weekend during the months of April, May, June and July to help banish the winter blues and see us through the current world situation. It's pure and utter madness but Tiff and I are enjoying it so far! Feel free to join in for as many or as few weekends as you like, even if it's just working on one WIP for one weekend.

This is weekend number three which means start number three. This weekend I chose Humming Along, another adorable bird from Valerie Pfeiffer's Solos collection to go with last week's Chick Berry.



Naturally I swapped out the white for coloured fabric, and then stitched green, green, green, green and more green until some colours started appearing. I'm really pleased with my achievement over the weekend and am glad I more or less finished the little bird:

Humming Along by Heritage Crafts
Stitched on 16ct Pine over-dyed aida
Stitching time to date - 5 hours 5 minutes


Like last week's Chick Berry I absolutely love it and look forward to retrieving it from its WIP folder at some point, especially if it means I can work on the pink fuchsias.

Next weekend I will be starting something which makes me feel uncharacteristically sentimental!

Take care,
Rachel x

8 comments:

Linda said...

Another adorable start Rachel.

Linda

Katie said...

Oh no another adorable little birdie. Love it!

Cathy said...

I love the fabric you chose for this!

Tiffstitch said...

Love this one! Like Cathy said, that is gorgeous fabric and it looks great!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress on your start. I did have another one on Friday and I totally forgot to include it in my IHSW post. Oops.
Intrigued to see what next week's choice is now.

Faith... said...

Another cute bird, love him! Will you be hanging these in your Mom's room?

Annie said...

I just love, love, love this idea! Especially since I have LOOTS of charts that I feel like starting now that I've gone through ALL my old STASH, haha! Maybe I'll join you this weekend already; it'll give me an excuse to start a chart I've been thinking about today…:D
You can't have a finish if you don't make a start, right?!

Leonore Winterer said...

Aw, what a cute little birdie! And now you have all those lovely flowers ahead of you to stitch <3