Saturday 17 February 2018

2 Box of Shame Finishes - Birds

Good morning!

I have two bird-themed finishes to share with you today:

A couple of years ago I bought some seasonal-coloured Threadworx variegated threads on the premise I would "use them one day" but didn't have a clue on what! Then I found this chart by Hobikolik on etsy and thought it would be perfect stitched in the four colour-ways. So far I have stitched Summer (red/yellow/green) and Spring (pink/purple).

I found some suitable backing fabric:




And made them into little (they measure about 6.5 inches) pillows/cushions in my usual way. I wasn't sure whether or not to include a hanging loop but thought it better to include one and not use it rather than not include one and regret it later.






Although the fabric has no right-way-up I'm convinced the green fabric is upside down - or maybe it's just an optical illusion that's less pleasing to the eye (not that the back will be seen very often!)

At the same time as purchasing these fabrics, the backing fabrics for Autumn and Winter just happened to slip into my basket (you know how it is!) However, they are not on my stitching schedule until 2019 (yes, I'm sad (organised?) enough to have already planned what I will be stitching NEXT year... and even into some of 2020 if I'm being honest!) Having said that, though, I'm making fantastic progress this year so may find myself with a bit of spare time to slot an additional project or two into my schedule... :)

In the meantime, I think I'll have to make a little corner where all my little finishes can sit.

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Katie said...

These are too cute. I think it's an optical illusion too about the fabric. I like them both ways you have them.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Rachel. I love the fabric colors.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Two more great finishes. I would say the purple direction is more pleasing to my eyes too.
I am also planning my 2019 stitching! Got to think ahead if we are ever going to Stitch All The Things!

Faith... said...

Love the bird pieces and big CONGRATS on two more Box of Shame finishes Rachel!

Preeti said...

Congrats on the lovely finishes!:) I don't plan that ahead but due to the innocent (or splurging) purchases many of my projects settle themselves into future years( or decades) until I pounce on them some fine ( or depressed ) day :D

Pull the other thread said...

Oh they are very pretty, love the design & these colors. The finishes look great.

The Crafty Princess said...

You have an amazing eye for colour. Everything works for these 2 pillows. I love the the fabric, thread and fabric combos. I can see what you mean about the green fabric but it still works really well so I wouldn't worry about it.
xo Alicia