Sunday 14 February 2016

Cantankerous - DUCJC 2016 Finish 4/31

Good morning all!

So, here I am back with another finish from my stack of January starts!

This piece jumped onto my frame as soon as I had finished Sleepy Book and just stayed there until I had finished it! The orange fabric was really nice to work with and it doesn't bother me in the slightest that it shows through under the white.

Here's where I left her back on 9th January:


And here she is all finished:

Featured in Cattitudes Calendar 2003 by Margaret Sherry
Stitched on 32ct Tangerine Murano evenweave 2 over 2
Stitch count 79 wide by 65 high
Started - 9th January 2016
Finished - 13th February 2016
Total stitching time - 19 hours 35 minutes


The border was adjusted very slightly and stitched using two strands of black, to give it more definition, as opposed to one strand per the instructions.

I'm not sure yet how to finish-finish her. I may wait until I have completed some others in the series and then frame them all together, I may frame them individually, I might scrap-stitch them or I may make them into an ornament of some sort. Decisions, decisions. I really really don't know. But there's no rush.

Time to move on to another WIP then. This time I think I'll pop down to the woods to look for some wildlife.

Hope you're all having stitchy fun too,
Rachel x

20 comments:

Hazel said...

I love that orange fabric!!!! The colours really pop off it. Well done. X

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Grumpy Cat is great! I think they would look good in a multi frame if you do several of the designs.
It's just started raining here so no walks in the woods for us!

Mii Stitch said...

Same as Hazel. The fabric colour is perfect and really make the cat stand out. Very neat stitching! Congratulations on your latest finish.

Justine said...

Congratulations on another cute finish! And another vote for the orange fabric.
You really overestimated how long it would take to stitch this one - is that deliberate or were you in the zone with your needles flying?!
Great stitching.

Sarah said...

I agree....love the orange fabric! So cute. I wonder why she's grumpy. LOL

Annie said...

Wonderful finish! She's so crabby and cute! Jumping on the love for the orange fabric bandwagon:)

Anonymous said...

Such a cute cat

Katie said...

I so agree with you she looks beautiful on the bright fabric. I personally love cube finishes and I think this square type of design would be perfect for that. I have more shelf space than wall space though so framing doesn't work as well for me. Wohoo 4 of 31 marked off the list. Keep it up!

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Rachel. She looks like me. I too love the orange fabric.

Linda

Cathy said...

I've been meaning to stitch these myself. Wonderful finish! I'm wondering how close your total time comes to your estimates. Could you post both the estimate and the total when you post your finish?

craftingpaws said...

Absolutely adorable finish! I really love the fabric you chose.

Tiffstitch said...

Woohoo! congrats on finishing another one! This one is so fun. I wonder if you could somehow have the cat ones finished back to back? So you could have different Cattitudes showing depending on the day?

Preeti said...

Congrats on the cute finish!! She is looking great on the orange fabric.

Pull the other thread said...

Another spectacular finish. Congrats, looking forward to seeing how you decide to finish-finish it.

Faith... said...

Awww...what a cute kitty! She does look a bit Cantankerous, but still lovable. Margaret Sherry has some really cute designs.

Brigitte said...

Great finish, Rachel. And you are right, there's no rush to do the finishing right now. I always have a hard time to decide how I want to finish my smalls so I can never do it really quickly.

Heather said...

Congrats she looks great! I like the orange undertone it makes her look more realistic

sharine said...

Very cool finish and does this mean my favourites are coming soon? lol

Stitching Noni said...

Gorgeous finish! Love that fabric colour :o)
Orange under the white makes for a nice marmalade coloured tummy of your kitty!
Looking forward to seeing some more of the cattitudes!
Hugs xx

#HeatherMakes said...

Love this :D I really like Margaret Sherry designs!