Saturday 19 December 2015

Owls In Love - framed!

Hello all,

Christmas has definitely arrived early for me!

Remember Owls In Love? Remember my mum was going to buy me the frame for Christmas? Remember I said I wasn't going to wait until Christmas to frame my piece? Well, I kept my word and spent his morning putting Owls In Love into its frame. And here it is:



And a close up of the corner. If you look carefully you can just about make out the silvering which covers the whole fabric.



I kept to the monochrome palette choosing a 22mm Pedroza Grey distressed frame with a dark grey top mount, bright white bottom mount and anti-reflective glazing. The grey fabric was very difficult to match up - sometimes it has hints of lilac or blue or green depending on which colours are next to it or under which light you are looking at it. So apologies if the colours don't look too good on your screen - I can assure you they are perfect together in real life!

I am absolutely over the moon with this whole piece and once again have to send a big thank-you to ezeframe.co.uk for making the online ordering process of mounts and frames so easy. It really is a dream website to deal with.

The question is..... do you like it? It doesn't bother me if you don't - all tastes are different.

I have two more small framed pieces to show you, but they can wait until my next post.

6 days until Christmas - hope you're not feeling too stressed!
Rachel x

26 comments:

Brigitte said...

You are right, tastes are different. But this frame looks perfect with the owls. Great job, Rachel. Seems to be a great company to work with.

Mii Stitch said...

WOW!!!! This look even better than what I thought it would look like!
It is just perfect Rachel.
Everything matches and complements each other.
These little owls turned into a pure work of art :)
Mummy Claus has been wonderful too ;)
Now stop drooling over these and get stitching, we want to see more little wonders.

CathE said...

It looks amazing. That frame is just perfect for it. Lovely piece, well done.

CathE said...

It looks amazing. That frame is just perfect for it. Lovely piece, well done.

Katie said...

Ohhh Love it!!! Beautiful and Perfect. Merry Christmas!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Owls looks amazing Rachel - everything goes together perfectly!

Linda said...

It is stunning Rachel. The frame looks perfect.

Linda

Sally said...

It looks gorgeous Rachel. Love the frame and mats. Perfect :)

Manuela said...

Dear Rachel,
the frame looks perfect.
I wish you a Merry Christmas, Manuela

Faith... said...

WOW I think it looks great in that frame! You did an awesome job Rachel, congratulations!!

Cath said...

Love , love , love it. Seriously considering buying the chart. Not like I've got anything else to do ,ROFL.
Great job x

Unknown said...

The frame fits perfectly with this fantastic image . These owls are so enchanting .
Wish you more beautiful , relaxing days before Christmas
Greetings Sandra

Unknown said...

Love this so cute

Cross Stitch Claire said...

It looks fantastic, I'm going to check out your frame website for a couple of my finishes!

Sarah said...

I think it's awesome. The frame is perfect. Great job!

Heather said...

Oh wow great job! I adore the gray frame I love the look of silvered distressed wood. It looks amazing!

Preeti said...

It's looking perfect with the frame :)

Pull the other thread said...

I absolutely LOVE this. What a fantastic frame choice and job you did. This will look great hanging up. Well done.

Tina said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! What else can I say?! Simply stunning!!!

Keebles said...

It is absolutely gorgeous! Every part of the framing looks perfect!

Justine said...

A-ma-zing! I am imagining the sparkles too. It looks incredible Rachel, I can tell you are happy with it and you have every right to be proud of this beautiful finish!
See I told you I was behind with blog reading!

Tiffstitch said...

Perfect!! That looks perfect. I was wondering if you'd gone with any colour, but the dark grey/light grey mat and frame looks so good. Great choice and Merry Christmas!

Thoeria said...

Didn't think it was possible for this piece to look any more gorgeous....but you've done it! It is stunning!

sharine said...

Absolutely perfect framing for such a great piece:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think everyone loves this design and the frame plus mount is perfect for it too.

Rai Rai's Stitches said...

That pattern in lovely! You are brave to frame your own work. I don't have the courage.