Monday 7 December 2015

Owls In Love - finished!

Hello all!

It's Happy Dance time!!!

Yep, Owls In Love is finished! In my last post I estimated 5 hours to finish this project. It was in fact 4 hours 55 minutes - not a bad guess then?!

So, without any more yapping, here are a finished Hedwig and Errol, along with all the usual boring details:

Owls In Love
FluffyFuzzyPatterns (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Cloud Grey Aida with silvering by sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitch count 250 wide by 152 high
Started - 16th October 2015
Finished - 6th December 2015
Total stitching time - 54 hours 55 minutes


Oh boy, did I enjoy stitching this design and watching the owls take shape! You would have thought that stitching three shades of grey on grey fabric would have been boring but it wasn't. Quite the contrary. It was actually very relaxing. I loved every stitch, LOVE the fabric and would happily stitch the whole piece again, right now! Don't you think browns on brown would look good? Just a thought!

The mounts and frame have already been ordered and should be delivered by the end of the week. I know they are supposed to be a Christmas present but do you honestly think I'm going to wait another two weeks to frame this piece? I think not!! Honestly, this is more exciting than Christmas itself!!!

Oh, and while I was ordering the frame for this piece, a couple more just "happened" to slip into my basket. You know how it is! I'll show you all of the finished-finishes as soon as I have framed them.

My stitching for the rest of 2015 now consists of finishing the LK December Stamp and trying to finish a couple more January/February Challenge pieces. Wonder how I'll do?

In the meantime, thanks for joining me in my blog postings and thanks for all of your comments. I know a few of you have really been waiting to see this project finished - I hope you are not disappointed, although you haven't seen it framed yet!!

Back soon!

Take care one and all,
Rachel x

19 comments:

Justine said...

Wow wow wow! It looks absolutely amazing! Huge congratulations on this gorgeous finish!
I'm so excited for you you'd have thought I stitched it myself!
The fabric choice was perfect for this design and really sets off your beautiful stitching.
I hope we will get to see it framed too?!
So pleased for you, this is really lovely.

Anonymous said...

congrats with the finish! truly a lovely desing !

Annie said...

Congrats on the finish! It's adorable!
I agree with Justine about the fabric being perfect.

Mii Stitch said...

Wow, Edwig & Errol look stunning!!!!
I love them and really can't wait for all the frame accessories to arrive so we can admire them more :)
Happy Dance!

Manuela said...

Congratulation on this wonderful finish.
The Owls are very cute.
Greetings, Manuela

Faith... said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It looks great and I can't wait to see it framed up. What a great Christmas present!! Don't worry about those extra frames slipping into your cart; they were just trying to save you shipping costs in the future. :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Rachel. They are adorable.

Linda

Katie said...

Wohoo!!! Great guess on the time. I'm glad you got the frame ordered LOL that some others had to follow but it's only right. Maybe they were friends...you wouldn't want to separate friends would you? LOL Can't wait to see what pops under your needles until the end of the year.

Leigh said...

Congrats on the finish! It's lovely :)

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Lovely finish, it looks great!

Megan Joelle said...

Well done Rachel! They are such a cute pair and will make a gorgeous gift! I'm still trying to finish stitching a Christmas gift myself, it's creeping up quickly! Can't wait to see the frame you have chosen :)

sharine said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish:)

Heather said...

Yay congrats! They look so cute! I think Errol would look great brown and of course Hedwig in white on a blue fabric ;). Good luck on your goals!

Pull the other thread said...

Absolutely stunning. Well done on the finish and looking forward to seeing the frame you chose. Best of luck with your stitching for the rest of 2015.

Tina said...

Love Love Love this!! Those eyes, the fabric you used, and the overall softness of the project...absolutely stunning!! I can't wait to see it framed!!!

Preeti said...

Wow!! So cute and adorable finish!!:)

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Rachel, you finished them, congratulations! And they are looking sooooo cute.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance! They are an adorable couple.

Kelly aka STITCHNMOMMA said...

Really cute!