Saturday 6 May 2023

People's Choice SAL - Embellishments

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Embellishments.

To embellish something is to add additional detail, so anything charted, such as beads, does not count. This means it's down to the imagination of the stitcher to add that 'something extra'.

There are a few projects where I have added beads, but these were covered by the beads theme last year, and a few where I have swapped out regular DMC for Etoile but that's not really 'embellishing' a project. Most of my embellishing comes with FFOing but, again, that's been a previous theme.

All of which means I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel this month with a few projects where I have added just one charm!

These are four of an Advent set by JBW Designs showing the tiny bow, star, snowflake and heart charms I added:




This is Lizzie Kate's Joy, with an enamel Christmas tree charm:



And this is Snuffles In Purple, with a 'hand made with love' charm:



I do have a selection of Christmas and Harry Potter charms waiting to be used, and think I know which projects they will go with. I just need to remember to put the two together when the time comes!




So not much to show for this theme then. Next month's theme is Rainbow; that should be easier!

Take care,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Pamela said...

These little pieces are adorable! The beads and charms really set them off.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People’s Choice this month. You chose the perfect embellishments for your ornaments too.
I think I’m going to have to plan next month’s post to fit it all in!

Leonore Winterer said...

You interpreted that subject differently than most of us have I think! Now I'm wondering what I might have found if I had stuck to your interpretation...probably not a lot because I tend to stick to pattern!

Katie said...

Finally caught up. Just decided to comment on one post haha. Beautiful stitching going on. Loved your progress on the alphabet challenge. Sorry you didn't really enjoy it. I love the stitch on what is screaming loudest life haha. Hey I recognize that gorgeous dragon. He is proudly on display by my TV.

Hugs.