Saturday 5 November 2022

People's Choice SAL - Travel

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Travel.

To be honest, I'm not really interested in actually travelling to places - as in seeing the world for myself - but I do like pictures of scenery and special places. I haven't actually stitched much in the way of travel either.

I live close to London so am familiar with all of these sights in Satsuma Street's Pretty Little London:



And I've been to Paris a couple of times, so have visited most of these places in Satsuma Street's Pretty Little Paris too:



I'd like to stitch all of Satsuma Street's Pretty Little City designs but, well, you know!

During the Tokyo Olympics I made a start on all eight of Soda Stitch's A Journey Around The World designs, depicting sights in the UK, France, The Netherlands, Italy, USA, Russia, Korea and Mexico but, again, only made tiny starts on each of them, so here are their pictures instead!




And finally, although I have made lots of train journeys, especially when commuting to work in London, I've never been here...



... to take this train to this rather magical place!



And finally, as is customary, I'll show something I've seen. This is by Teeny Weeny Stitches on etsy and is a set of 63 scenes of America's National Parks (and a bonus one!) Now, there seems to be some debate on the interweb about how many National Parks there actually are, but these seem to cover most of them. Each design is only 40x44 and I think they're really sweet!



That's it for my travelling. Next month's theme is Glitter.

Take care,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Katie said...

Great post. I love traveling. Just big life change and we slowed down. We will travel again.....sometime. Hope things are well with you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People’s Choice this month. I’ve stitched Satsuma Street’s London and have Paris in my stash. I don’t think I’ve been to any of her other designs! Unless she has done Edinburgh? Maybe Berlin?
I’d love to get the steam train to Hogwarts too!

Faith... said...

I love your Satsuma Street pieces. I forget, are you stitching A Journey Around The World all on one piece of fabric or individually. I still love seeing your Hogwarts In A Bottle; it is gorgeous!

Hope you and the family have been good.

Leonore Winterer said...

It's totally fine to explore the world in stitches!
I had this crazy plan of stitching all the Pretty Little Cities I've visited before...and try to visit and stitch the ones I haven't. But then I realized some of the most pretty ones I will most likely never visit and now I just don't know!