Friday 20 July 2018

Summer Alphabet - finished

Hello all!

This month's finish from my Challenge WIPs was Lizzie Kate's Summer Alphabet, the third of the four seasons I've now stitched and the 30th finish out of the 31 pieces I started for Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2016.

At the end of last month the alphabet looked like this:


And now complete with the charms and buttons attached:



Summer Alphabet by Lizzie Kate
Stitched on 16ct Cloud Lemon over-dyed aida by sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitch count 112 wide by 158 high
Started - 12th January 2016
Finished - 18th July 2018
Total stitching time - 36 hours 55 minutes


As usual I want to say how much I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. Samplers and alphabets are definitely not my thing but with each letter or picture feeling like a mini-finish there was a real sense of how quickly it was moving along. And it was nice to branch out from stitching 'cuties' for once!

Here are the finished Spring, Summer and Autumn together:



So that just leaves Winter to finish later this year and then I can frame the complete set. I'm not sure yet whether to go for matching frames or the same frame in different colours. I'll have to see what's on offer from my framing shop.

Take care,
Rachel x

8 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish Rachel. I love them all.

Linda

Katie said...

These are not my type of thing either but so cute. Congrats on the 3 finished season. Major Congrats on the 30 of 31! Wohoo!!

Faith... said...

Summer looks great Rachel! I must say I have to agree with you on the alphabet and sampler charts but I do love this series. One more to go for your 2016 pieces!

Mii Stitch said...

So glad you've finished them all, they look gorgeous :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your finish, they are all pretty.

Preeti said...

Congrats on the wonderful finish! They look great together:)
Do you display your frames all the time at home or you keep changing? I am running out of wall space at my home.

Deb said...

Congratulations, they are all so pretty!

Tiffstitch said...

Congratulations on finishing the 3rd one, well done!