Friday 16 March 2018

Spring Alphabet - finished

Hello all!

This month's finish from my Challenge WIPs was Lizzie Kate's Spring Alphabet. I'm going to repeat myself by saying it was another enjoyable stitch, especially as each little section felt like a mini finish.

At the end of last month I left it like this:


And now completed, including the charm and buttons:

Spring Alphabet by Lizzie Kate
Stitched on 16ct Cloud Pink over-dyed aida by sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitch count 112 wide by 158 high
Started - 22nd January 2016
Finished - 9th March 2018
Total stitching time - 34 hours 40 minutes


Amusingly, the large motif under the Q is a bug (presumably a ladybird?) on a leaf, not a badly-coloured straw hat or a flying saucer as I originally thought!

Autumn was finished back in 2015 and I plan to finish both the Summer and Winter Alphabets later this year after which I will frame them all at the same time.

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Rachel. I need to work on these.

Linda

Faith... said...

That turned out super cute Rachel! I love your ladybug ;)

Mary said...

Congratulations, your finish is so cute.

Marie said...

It looks lovely! Great fabric choice. I love L*K and I'm a sucker for alphabets. I've been eying these off for a long time.

Preeti said...

Wonderful finish, Rachel! Looks pretty and colorful:)

Katie said...

Congrats on the finish! Another marked off the list.