Wednesday 26 July 2017

Birds With Umbrella - 20 hours

Good morning all!

Birds With Umbrella is one of the new starts I planned for 2017. It only receives attention once I have completed my "compulsory" monthly stitching (i.e. Smalls SAL and Challenge WIPs) so progress has been fairly slow. Last time you saw it, early May after 10 hours, it looked like this:


And now, after 20 hours of stitching, it looks like this:



I've not shown you a picture of the completed piece but I think it's very obvious what it will look like. I only have the second bird and five more lines of ground to stitch so should easily have it finished before the end of the month.

I don't know if the gaps in stitching on the umbrella are supposed to be a pattern or raindrops but, either way, I don't like them. To avoid adding another colour to the minimalist palette, I'll fill them in using the same colour the second bird will be stitched in.

Back very soon with a finish then!

Take care,
Rachel x

8 comments:

Katie said...

Too cute.

Linda said...

Great progress on such a cute design Rachel.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is very cute! I think the gaps are a pattern or there would be raindrops all over the fabric. I would definitely fill them in with another colour too.

CathieJ said...

I think that is supposed to be a polka dot umbrella. I actually like it, but you must please yourself.

Faith... said...

How stinkin' cute Rachel! Love it.

Bekah said...

Nice and cute design. Great progress, I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

Pull the other thread said...

Well done on getting so much for this done as well as your other monthly stitching. It's a very sweet piece.

Sok Sareth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.