Saturday 22 July 2017

6 Box Of Shame Finishes

Hello all!

A while back I ordered a few frames from my usual and trusted ezeframe.co.uk in order to finish-finish some pieces and further reduce my Box of Shame. So far I've only used one frame but as it contains 6 pieces I'm counting it as 6 finish-finishes!

This set of Woodland Folk by DMC went down a storm when I stitched them last year and I have always felt guilty about them being in my Box of Shame. But now they're free and looking fantastic on the wall. So let me reintroduce Toby Fox, Ollie Owl, Bert Badger,  Frankie Hedgehog, Molly Mouse and Sally Squirrel:







The frame is an 18mm mahogany frame with a mid-green top mount, off-white bottom mount and anti-reflective glazing. Each aperture could have been individually sized to fit each piece but I decided to keep the four side openings symmetrical as it looked more aesthetically pleasing. I'm really happy with the result even if it does make the kelp fabric look a little bit blue-ish.

As it currently stands I've now finished off 32 pieces this year out of the 67 which need/needed doing. I'll be framing 3 more next month and also hope to complete some of the pieces which need making into ornaments. But hope springs eternal!!!

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Rachel, As a newer follower, I haven't seen these before, but they are absolutely adorable! I always love a good hedgehog stitch. The custom mat was pure genius. You are making great progress on finishing your box of shame. --Andrea

Linda said...

Congrats on the awesome job of framing them Rachel. They look fantastic. Can you tell me where you got the charts/kits. I would love to stitch them.

Linda

Brigitte said...

They look so great in their frames.
Great progress on your finishes.

Pull the other thread said...

Love it! These are so cute and so happy to see them out of the box of shame. Your frame choice is just perfect. Well done.

Faith... said...

Rachel they look awesome in that frame! I love how they are group together and it looks like the frame came with them. Great job!

Katie said...

Oh my....Too cute!!! Love that frame. Perfect use of those adorable finishes.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a great frame for these six little pieces. The layout looks perfect too. Can't wait to see what you frame next!

craftingpaws said...

Very cute! That frame works perfectly for the woodland creatures. You've done a great job finishing up pieces and getting them framed.

Bekah said...

The green mat goes really well with the pieces. So nice to have them finished and on the wall.

Sok Sareth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.