Thursday 8 January 2015

DUCJC 2015 - Day 7

Good morrow gentle folk!

Oh my goodness! This fabric was just about the best I have ever worked on - soft, smooth and with a gorgeous twinkle every time the needle touched it. I was drooling!

This chart is the second largest of my DUCJC projects but will stitch up quickly as there are huge blocks of colour and only a tiny amount of backstitching. Rock on! Some of the colours look a bit weird for a dolphin but they match the fabric perfectly and give the piece that tropical (rather than murky) feel I was hoping for. I won't stitch the fish as I don't think they're necessary. As usual, the photo doesn't quite do the fabric justice.



Dreaming of Dolphins
Featured in Cross Stitch Collection March 2001
Stitched on 32ct Atlantic Depths hand-dyed Opalescent Murano Evenweave by The Crafty Kitten
2 over 2


Are you drooling with me?!!!

Back tomorrow!

Love and hugs
Rachel x

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Rachel
Love this one and the fabric looks great x

Mii Stitch said...

Yes, I'm drooling!! :D The fabric really look fab.
Looking forward to tomorrow's post xx

Keebles said...

It is really is gorgeous fabric!

Caitlin D said...

The fabric looks gorgeous, even in the photo!

Linda said...

What a pretty design Rachel. And yes, I am drooling over the fabric. Gorgeous color.

Linda

Katie said...

Oh I'm drooling over the fabric and the design. I love dolphins!!!! Gorgeous.

Emma/Itzy said...

Gorgeous fabric!

Ruth said...

Looks awesome.... and warm! Congrats on your progress. And I too applaud large blocks of color.

Justine said...

I'm drooling too! I love that fabric and the design too. I will have to look at Crafty Kitten's fabric. I have ordered scissors from her and she was lovely.

Pull the other thread said...

Oohhhh what gorgeous fabric. What a lovely design and the fabric is just perfect for it.

Miamina said...

I'm a huge fan of Crafty Kitten fabric, I've not had a bad piece yet! It's perfect for the design you're stitching and it'll look beautiful. Great start!

Stitching Noni said...

That fabric looks beautiful! Can't wait to see move of this design :o)
Hugs xx