Wednesday 28 January 2015

DUCJC 2015 - Day 27

Hello again!

Back to the lovely silver lurex aida today for another wintry Tatty Teddy design. Again, I thought I'd start with the colours to give the fabric a bit of depth, so both teddies have most of their hats. The missing sections require white with Kreinik blending filament but, given the fabric, I'm not sure if I want to add any more sparkle so have left them out for the moment.


Winter Hugs
Featured in The World of Cross Stitching issue ???
Stitched on 16ct White Aida with Silver Lurex by DMC 2 over 1


I notice that DMC now have the license to produce Tatty Teddy. I've looked at some of their releases and have to say that they are not as good as the Anchor ones. The colours are simpler and they don't have the backstitching that give the teddies their furry look. However, they would be much easier (and certainly less frustrating) to stitch!

Love and hugs
Rachel x

8 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Aw such a cute pattern, love this! Well done on your start.

Sarah said...

The Tatty Teddies are so cute.

Caitlin D said...

Another cute design. And again your fabric choice is perfect. I'm still trying my best to stay away from purchasing anything else this month, but you are not making that easy. Lol.

Linda said...

Oh such a cute start and pretty fabric Rachel.

Linda

Katie said...

Oh no....another cute pattern. Love it!

Deb said...

Darling pattern! Can't wait to see more!

Mii Stitch said...

So cute :) Great start!

Miamina said...

Very cute!