Monday 12 January 2015

DUCJC 2015 - Day 11

Good morning!

Day 11, just over one third of the way through and I am still loving starting a new project everyday! I thought it would get boring and frustrating but so far... so good!

Thank you again for all of the comments you are leaving. They are all read and really appreciated, especially those along the lines of "I'd like to stitch that too". It's nice to know I might be providing inspiration (and depleted bank balances!) to fellow stitchers.

On to the new start. This is quite a large chart compared to previous Challenge starts but was just far too cute to ignore. The leaves are 1 over 1 - a weird feeling as I couldn't cut and loop or railroad. The pale blue/green shading on the fabric is very subtle but should look lovely showing through, hopefully mimicking a summer sky (because that's why I bought it!)


Nelson and Tibs - Carefree Summer
Featured in The World of Cross Stitching
Stitched on 16ct Fairy Forest hand-dyed Aida by The Crafty Kitten 1 and 2 over 1


Another cutie tomorrow and time to dig out the pink!

Love and hugs
Rachel x

8 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Another cute chart! Love the design and the fabric you chose.
Great start :) xx

Sarah said...

What a cutie! Love that fabric. Thanks for the inspiration and growing to do list.

Linda said...

What a cute design Rachel. Great start and I love the fabric.

Linda

Angela said...

The fabric looks perfect for that cute design!

Heather said...

Cute chart and great fabric!

Miamina said...

Lovely! So cute :)

Katie said...

Oh I just love this cute chart! The fabric is perfect.

Stitching Noni said...

Loving this design!!! You keep showing all these charts that I see and think I must stitch that one day and then the magazine gets put away and they get forgotten about! :o)
I always get lost when doing the one thread half stitches.....
Lovely fabric choice!
Hugs xx