Sunday 21 January 2018

6 Box of Shame Finishes - Christmas Pals

Good afternoon all!

I'm still on a roll making ornaments... so may I present another 6 finished Box of Shame pieces.

These are the Christmas Pals Ornaments by Dimensions which I stitched as part of my 31 new starts for Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2016. I finished the first four in 2016 and the other two in 2017.

Using my usual finishing technique, they are all the same, only with different colour marble-effect backing fabric and matching (or as near as possible) barley twist cord:




These give a better indication of the backing fabric:








And (because I'm feeling just a little bit proud of myself) I thought I'd show them all individually too:








I must admit, having finished 18 ornaments so far this year, I now find it hard to understand my previous aversion to doing them; there's nothing to it really except having time and a bit of patience for the fiddly bits.

I might take a bit of a finishing break for a while (I think I deserve it!) but, since I am also eager to continue and already have appropriate backing fabric and cord for all but one of my remaining ornament pieces, there could be more finished-finishes soon...

Take care,
Rachel x

11 comments:

LDR said...

These turned out great! I have the kit but haven't stitched them yet. I will use your finishing as inspiration.

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the adorable finishes Rachel. I'll send you mine to finish.

Linda

cheryl said...

Lovely finishes!

Faith... said...

You have every right to feel proud of yourself! They are adorable and they will look great hanging on your tree next year Rachel! Look for my pieces in the box with Linda's. LOL Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Looking great, why do we call it a box of shame? It's not. I have no more room for my cross stitch to frame and hang so where else am I going to put my stitching when done. I'm not going to stop stitching. Wish everyone would stop calling your box of cross stitch a box of shame. Just saying.

Rachel said...

I'm aware it's not agreeable with everyone, but I don't mind it being called my Box of Shame. I see it as a way of embarrassing/shaming me into finishing these projects off in some way or other. Even if they're not always on display at least I know they're completed. It has been suggested I call it something similar to my Box of Delights but that wouldn't MAKE me finish the projects off. Anyway, once it's empty the idea is that the Box of Shame will no longer exist as I'll finish off each project as I go... well, that's the theory anyway!

Unknown said...

Ok I get it and good luck finishing everything in your box, sorry if I came on too strong about it. Just lately every way I look a box of finished cross stitch is now called a box of shame, I was finding that really sad. When I got to your post I guess I just had to say something. So again sorry.

Katie said...

Wohoo!!! 6 more finishes. They look perfect.

The Crafty Princess said...

Awww these are too cute. Love the colours of the backing fabric. That's a pretty cool kit. Well done clearing out 6 more from the box of shame.
xo Alicia

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These are gorgeous and look great together.
Love the different backing fabrics you chose to compliment each design too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

My advice to the Stitching Angel is Scrap Book!
It's a quick and easy way to finish smalls and have them in a nice book to look at. Very useful when you run out of wall space.