Tuesday 3 October 2017

Smalls SAL - September 2017

Hello again!

I'm a bit later than usual for this month Smalls SAL posting (and I haven't even posted last month's finish or progress reports either). Must be old age catching up with me! Thanks as always to Heather of Stitching Lotus for continuing the stitch along.



Oh boy, did I enjoy this month's little cutie even if it did include 3.5 - yes, 3.5 - hours of backstitching! It's certainly not a recommended chart for the backstitch loather! I don't usually have to cross off the backstitching as I go but for this chart I definitely did!

September Calendar by Durene Jones
Stitched on 16ct Nantucket from Sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitch count 43 wide by 56 high
Started - 1st September 2017
Finished - 11th September 2017
Total stitching time - 10 hours 20 minutes


I won't be showing the whole calendar again now until it's completed.

I'm not keen on October's animal but I do like the remainder of the chart, which includes a lot less backstitching and some lovely clumps of colours. See you around Halloween for the next check-in.

Take care,
Rachel x

8 comments:

Mary said...

I love it. The backstitching really makes everything detailed and stand out.

Linda said...

Congrats on another adorable finish Rachel. The backstitching really makes it pop.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful finish! That is an epic amount of backstitch on a small, but it does look amazing.

Faith... said...

Love your little hedgehog Rachel. Sorry your not looking forward to October but hopefully it will be quick for you!

Preeti said...

Lovely September finish !

Katie said...

Okay this is too cute. I bet the backstitching took awhile but it sure made the design. I can't wait to do these guys next year.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is an insane amount of backstitch! But it does look lovely.

I have found another project for the gorgeous fabric you sent me, imagine this stitched in white -
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/456066384/all-souls-vielanden?ref=shop_home_active_6

Mary's Thread said...

It's very cute! I love hedgehogs!