Saturday 27 May 2017

Smalls SAL - May 2017

Good morning!

As it's (just gone past) the last Friday of the month it's time to post my project for this month's Smalls SAL. Thank you once again to Heather of Stitching Lotus for continuing to run this fun little stitch along.



I continued with my calendar and had great fun stitching up this lovely little dog:

May Calendar by Durene Jones
Stitched on 16ct Nantucket from Sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitch count 43 wide by 56 high
Started - 1st May 2017
Finished - 15th May 2017
Total stitching time - 10 hours 50 minutes


Yes, there were a million pink french knots in the flowers, no I don't like doing french knots and yes, they are really scruffy. But it doesn't bother me in the slightest... let's call it my "feature"! I did enjoy the backstitching though and watching each little flower come to life.

Here's the whole calendar so far:

.

I'll be back at end of June with a cute tortoise family.

Take care,
Rachel x

14 comments:

Elfie said...

Your little dog is so cute - but then so are all the other stitched designs on your calendar. You are going to have such a lovely piece at the end of the year.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Rachel. The calendar looks great.

Linda

Faith... said...

May looks great Rachel!

Kerryp77 said...

Really cute Rachel. The whole project is looking lovely

Mary said...

Your little dog is adorable

Preeti said...

So cute !!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a very cute design and nearly as many FK as Gathering Honey! It doesn't really matter if they are not even in flowers. It's when they make a pair of eyes that it gets tricky!

Mary's Thread said...

This is a darling calendar! How fun! Well done so far!

craftingpaws said...

That little doggie is so cute and the whole piece looks fantastic! (I think you did a great job on the French knots.)

Melinda Forbes said...

This is really a cute design. So sorry about having all those French Knots (I hate them) but yours look wonderful. This is a great project

Michele Stravato said...

Calendar is looking great. I dislike French knots as well.

Sarah said...

The dog is super cute. I love how they look all together.

Katie said...

Love it!!! Too cute.

Amy said...

Your calendar is so cute! You've done a wonderful job with those designs!