Saturday 3 October 2020

People's Choice SAL - Wizards

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Wizards.

Given how it's October, and therefore the month of Halloween, I assume the timing of this theme was no coincidence!

Wizards haven't been a big theme for me so, as far as I know, I have only stitched one - the ridiculously cute A Little Wizard Of The Night by Soda Stitch:



And there's only really one in my stash too. I purchased Dimensions' Midnight Enchanter twenty years ago. It's always been near the top of my to-stitch list but keeps getting nudged back, usually because it's not a small project and I can't justify starting another big one when I have so many WIPs. Maybe I should just start him anyway? Those colours are gorgeous and so... so... tempting!



So, what else to show in the way of Wizards? Well, that's easy! Let's go internet searching and see what enabling I can do!

From what the search revealed, Wizard-related cross stitches tend to be either very small:

Lakeside Needlecraft Fantasy Wizard cross stitch chart
Wizard from Lakeside Needlecraft
(no designer is mentioned but I'm thinking Joan Elliott perhaps?)

Furry Tales Wizard Mouse / PDF Cross Stitch Pattern / Lucie image 0
Wizard Mouse by Lucie Heaton
from her Furry Tales collection

Modern Cross Stitch  Wizard Biscornu Cross Stitch Pattern by image 0
Wizard Biscornu by Tiny Modernist (etsy)

Or very big:

Scarlet Wizard Cross Stitch PDF pattern Fantasy Cross stitch | Etsy
Scarlet Wizard by Dimensions Gold
How gorgeous is he with all those floating candles?
(although he does look a bit like a magical Santa!)

A Little Bit of Magic
A Little Bit Of Magic by my favourite artist Randal Spangler
as charted by Heaven And Earth Designs

cross stitch pattern The Wizards Castle
The Wizards Castle by Artecy at crosstitch.com
a more traditional oldy-worldy mythological type design


There are certainly a lot to choose from if you go looking!

Finally, love him or hate him, where would the world be (!) without a famous young wizard who arrived on the scene back in 1997? I love this one, showing how he grew up between the first and last books/films.

Harry Potter Cross stitch pattern modern.  Harry Potter cross image 1
Harry Potter by LenyBoop (etsy)


And that leads nicely into next month's Magic theme. Hmmm, wonder what I'll be posting for that?!

Take care,
Rachel x

11 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a great collection of wizards, we love HP.

Linda said...

I love Spangler dragons but I just can't stitch HAED's. Love the little wizards.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month.
Go on, start the big wizard! That's how I feel about the TW Enchanter I shared in my post.
The little Wizard from Lakeside is Durene Jones, she did a 12 month fantasy sampler for them - https://www.lakesideneedlecraft.co.uk/lakeside-needlecraft-fantasy-pdf-cross-stitch-chart--kit-options-15656-p.asp

jocondine said...

What a show, thanks for sharing all those lovely patterns! I'm with Jo,let's start your wizard big project, we'll your first supporters! xxx

Tiffstitch said...

That little wizard is so cute. Nice to see him again. I think you should start the big one too, New Year New start? After all, you did try and keep all the new starts to reasonable sizes.

Annie said...

Some great designs there! Especially the last HP-chart:D

Pamela said...

Cute little wizards!

Katie said...

Catching up finally. Lovely post full of wizards. Thanks for sharing.

RONI said...

Oo what a lot of lovely wizards! I have stitched 2 I think, one that I have blogged on and the other which became a coaster... I'm sure it will turn up somewhere when we move house next!!

Leonore Winterer said...

Two so very different wizards - you really should think about starting that second one soon! Great selections of patterns you found as well. I'm not sure I ever stitched one, but I know I got some in my stash!

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, you stitched an adorable wizard! And there are so many other great ones to stitch too. You could always start the one you have and make it a long term stitch?