Monday 26 October 2020

A Little Witch Of The Night - finished!

Hi all!

During Dark October I wanted to work on Halloween projects where possible. This has resulted in me already finishing one of my WIPs!

My finish was A Little Witch Of The Night by Soda Stitch, the final one of my seven Summer Of New Start pieces from 2019 to be completed. She's very high up on the cutesy scale, so I appreciate she will not appeal to many, but at least I've finished her at the right time of year.

Here's where I last left her:


After the stitching but before the backstitching:


And finished after almost three hours of backstitching:

A Little Witch Of The Night by Soda Stitch
Stitched on 16ct Dusky Sky over-dyed aida
Stitch Count 60 wide by 55 high
Started - 17th August 2019
Finished - 24th October 2020
Total stitching time - 17 hours 20 minutes


She will be FFOd in the same way as my other Soda Stitch designs (a mini pillow edged with gathered ribbon) which I know will be very time consuming so may not happen for quite a while.

I now have a week left to work on something else Dark October related, and I know just the one!

Take care,
Rachel x

8 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the super cute finish Rachel.

Linda

Cathy said...

I,for one,like cutsie! And she is definitely cute!

Faith... said...

My goodness, isn't she a cutie!! With those chubby checks and legs! I think her kitty may be scared to fly with her. Congrats on the finish!

Bethan said...

Congratulations on the finish! x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Very much cute October rather than Dark LOL. But still a very sweet finish.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great job finishing her, she's so cute! She very much reminds me of the angels in some old Christmas books I had as a child.

Astrids dragon said...

She's adorable and so is her little pink cat!

Katie said...

Ohhh I just love her!! Congrats on the finish.