Saturday 27 June 2020

The Loneliness Of Autumn - 60 hours

Hi all!

I'm definitely on a roll this month and my needles are smoking!!

I managed to sneak in some daytime stitching last week which enabled me to work more on this piece I'm SALing with Leonore. That additional time means I've caught up and am exactly where I should be at the end of June... woo-hoo!

Lots more dark blue 939 was added to basically the middle half, filling in the tree trunks and adding to the density of the black already there. I've identified the area as the section between the red dots. Even in daylight I can't really see much difference between the two colours but, trust me, it's there!



Here's Leonore's progress after 6 months. She's still on her first colour but about the same percentage of the way through as me, which is what we were trying to achieve.

The next 10 hour session in July might see me finish the dark blue and move on to the third colour. Not that I'm getting too excited as it's an off-white. Only with the fourth colour do I actually start to stitch a 'colour', and for that I can't wait!

Take care,
Rachel x

9 comments:

Linda said...

Great progress Rachel. It looks the same color but you can tell where you have been stitching.

Linda

Annie said...

Well done! Can't wait to see when you get to add a 'colour' :D

Cathy said...

Nice progress! And good to be caught up! I'm using 939 for Picachu's eyes and ears and it really does look like black.

Faith... said...

You can see the difference, more tree trunks and leaves falling (?) from the trees. Glad you were able to catch up!!

Katie said...

I see it. Love watching this come to life. Keep it up!

Tiffstitch said...

This is so cool! There's a definite difference.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You can definitely see it growing.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! It's really filling in. I'll probably won't see much difference between my first two colours either, but I've been checking the pattern as I go and it'll adda lot more density in some sections, too.
Really, an off white as the third most used colour? I don't think I'll get to such light colours until I'm waaaay down in my list, but may I'm mistaken. Looking forward to seeing your next update!

Astrids dragon said...

It's coming along nicely! I'm wondering how easy off-white will be to stitch?!