Tuesday 12 May 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge - #6 Basket Case

Hello all!

So it's now week six of this new start madness Tiff and Annie and I are undertaking to replace what would have been the Tokyo Olympic Stitching Challenge. That challenge was to start 17 new projects during the 17 days of the Olympics but, with the Olympics being postponed, the challenge is to now start 17 projects over the 17 weekends in April to July.

So far it has not been smooth sailing, with colour, frog and fabric issues, but those hitches haven't dented our spirit to carry on.

Last week I mentioned I was torn between a cat or mouse as my next new start. Nobody commented they would like to see the mouse, so the cat it was. Unfortunately, due to the size of the cat compared to the complete picture it will be a long time before the cat (what there is of it!) actually appears, but the thought is there.

This week's start, then, is Basket Case by Heritage Crafts.



It's based on the Little Black Cat artwork of Toni Goffe, some of whose work I have already stitched:



Although it's full coverage I decided to stick with the same fabric I used for Cream, Coffee, Sugar and Tea above. Here's my progress over the weekend. Nothing exciting to see so far but at least there's more than one colour - just!

Basket Case by Heritage Crafts
Stitched on 32ct Light Blue murano evenweave
Stitching time to date - 2 hours 45 minutes


I really really don't want to put this one down, but away it must go if I've got any chance of completing this month's 'compulsory' stitching.

Next week I'll be starting number two in the series featuring a certain bear of very little brain.

Take care,
Rachel x

11 comments:

Katie said...

Great new start. It's hard to put down some pieces. But it's sure nice to be in love with a piece.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great start, that's the trouble with lots of projects you have to be very disciplined as it's easy to stick to a piece you are enjoying.

Linda said...

Lovely start and fabric Rachel.

Linda

Cathy said...

Cute choice! I'm having the "not wanting to put it down" problem with several of my Maynia projects as well as the Royals.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice start, you could have started in the middle so we could see the cat!

Faith... said...

You are off to a good start on that pretty blue fabric and it is a cute chart.

Leonore Winterer said...

Such a cute pattern and a great start! I can understand you don't want to put it away just yet.

Mini said...

What a lovely new start!

Tiffstitch said...

Great start! And you could even count the picture as a mini finish when you get to that point, so that gives some satisfaction too. I do love this one, even if we have to wait to see the kitty.

Annie said...

Your start will look amazing; such a cute project:D I do admire you for being able to put projects away even though you want to keep stitching. It's near impossible for me if I'm on a roll. Sadly those rolls normally don't last for very long...oh well, haha.

Astrids dragon said...

Yay, you chose the cat! This is going to be such a cute one.