Thursday 19 March 2020

Hogwarts In A Bottle - 160 hours

Hi there!

I didn't get to work on this project at all during February and must say I really really really missed it. I was determined to make up for it in March and thanks in part to having a couple of 'self-care' (i.e. stitching!) days I managed the full 10 hours I'd hoped for.

I usually work from right to left but finishing the outside of the bottle was far too tempting. So I did that first then continued to fill in more of the mountains and steam.

Here are the pictures from January:


And now:



Next time around I plan to finish off the steam on the bottom right, the outside of the bottle on the bottom left, and add all the backstitching I can. Then, if there's any time left, I will finally allow myself to thread some red and start the train - I've definitely left the best for last!

Take care,
Rachel x

13 comments:

Ann C. said...

WOW, this is gorgeous!! You are getting closer to the finish line.

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Rachel. It looks great.

Linda

Katie said...

Oh so glad to see this one back out. Wohoo! Love the progress. Keep up taking care of yourself.

Quilting Tangent said...

So detailed, looking forward to the train.

Renee said...

What a fun piece! It looks fantastic.

Cathy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the train, but it looks great as is! I'm glad you were take time for some self-care and catch up.

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's a beautiful design, well done on your progress, hope you get some more 'self-care' soon.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, look at how far you've come, it looks fantastic! You might be having some more self-care days, sad but good for stitching?

Faith... said...

It is looking awesome Rachel! It looks like it will be finished up in the next two or three months! Good luck at getting your 10 hours in next month!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh wow, this looks amazing! Definitely the right decision to finish the bottle. The train will be a lovely treat to finish this piece.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, awesome! I love that you found some times for this, and finished the outline of the bottle. It would be lovely to see some train the next time around!

Bethan said...

It is edging closer to a finish! (Pun intended!) I would have done the same and left the train until last x

Tiffstitch said...

This looks so amazing!! You're so close to the train.