Saturday 1 February 2020

People's Choice SAL - Penguins

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is penguins.

As soon as I saw this theme I knew I wouldn't have much to show. Penguins are cute, but I am not really drawn to wanting to stitch them. I've only stitched two, and that's only because they were parts of sets.

This penguin is from a set of 6 Christmas Pals Ornaments by Dimensions stitched in 2016/2017. I loved these small pieces, especially the fun backgrounds.



Durene Jones' Cute Animal Calendar, stitched in 2017, had a penguin for December. Along with the other 11 months, this is yet to be FFOd; I'll find the time one day.



The only penguins I could find in my stash are these Happy Penguins by Durene Jones (available in her etsy shop...). They're not on my to-do list for at least the next couple of years but we all know how plans can change!



I mentioned in the Smalls SAL that I would be stitching a few Mouseloft kits this year. One featuring a penguin is due as my March Smalls SAL piece, but you'll have to wait until then to see it!


So, with little of my own stitches or stash to show, I HAD to go internet browsing. Luckily I felt no inclination to purchase any but I thought I'd show some cuties which really tickled me.

These are Penguin on Holiday and Winter Teatime by Klart:




And this is Smiles In My Cup by Heaven And Earth Designs. If this was a much easier stitch it would definitely be in my stash:



Next month, the people have chosen coffee. The above chart looks like it could be an iced latte (?) so maybe I'm one step ahead with that theme already!

Take care,
Rachel x

13 comments:

Renee said...

Your penguins are darling! And Smiles in My Cup is one of my favorite HAED charts.

Cathy said...

You've posted some really cute penguins! I especially love the Penguin on Vacation!

Hazel said...

Love those penguins! I’m looking for spring themed designs at the moment. Need something fresh.

Quilting Tangent said...

Cute penguins!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I'm glad you found some cute penguins to show us. I do think they are adorable but not really my cup of coffee!

Katie said...

Cute penguins! Thanks for sharing. We have your two stitched ones in common that's so funny. More proof our tastes are so similar.

Ann C. said...

I love the purple swirly background on the Christmas Pals Ornament. Great job on the finish too!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Haha those penguins are so cute

Kaisievic said...

Lots of gorgeous penguins on show in this post. Love the HAED one.

Leonore Winterer said...

At last, someone who actually stitched some pingus before! Some of these patterns are really cute...I might need to get ahead and stitch some at some point!

Tiffstitch said...

Very nice finishes and some stash enhancement options too. :)

Faith... said...

I love your penguins! I love the one sitting back relaxing with a cold drink. I think I have Smiles in my stash not that I will ever get to it.

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, two sweet stitched penguins! The other ones are cute too, maybe the last one should be drinking coffee for next month?!