Saturday 18 January 2020

JBW Advent Calendar - Days 1, 9 and 21

Hello all!

Throughout the year I am planning to stitch JBW Designs' Advent Calendar. Each day will be stitched separately and in no particular order; I'll just pick whichever day appeals to me at the time.



I will be making a lot of changes along the way, though:
* none of the numbers will be stitched because, as you can see, I have a cunning plan
* a lot of the colours will be changed to make the motifs more uniform
* quite a few beads will be added for that little extra something
* the (expensive) recommended charms will be replaced with small ones from my stash

This month I stitched three pieces, all on 16ct silver lurex aida:

Day 1 - Wreath:

Started  - 4th January 2020
Finished - 14th January 2020
Total Stitching time - 2 hours 10 minutes

Day 9 - Stocking:

Started  - 5th January 2020
Finished - 14th January 2020
Total Stitching time - 1 hour 40 minutes

Day 21 - Baubles:

Started  - 11th January 2020
Finished - 14th January 2020
Total Stitching time - 1 hour 45 minutes


Because they stitch up so quickly they are great for a very satisfying one night start and finish, something which I don't ever think I've done before.

All three have been FFOd but I'll save those pictures for February's FFG SAL.

Only 21 more to go!

Take care,
Rachel x

14 comments:

Melinda Forbes said...

You have a wonderful plan in place. These are great finishes

Rita said...

They are so cute!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

OMG these are ADORABLE. Because I really need another advent calender LOL

Cathy said...

These are cute and will make for a bunch of happy dances through out the year. I'm looking forward to seeing how you'll finish them.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Rachel. I love the numbers. Looking forward to seeing how you finish them.

Linda

Hazel said...

Oooooh I like your cunning plan lol! Very nice. x

Katie said...

You are inspiring a lot of people. Too cute!!! Can't wait to see the whole plan.

Kaisievic said...

These look so very cute, Rachel, I can't wait to see which one you choose to stitch next.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, these are really cute! And your wooden numbers are adorable, much better than the stitched ones. I'm looking forward to seeing how you finished them, and which ones you'll stitch up next :)

Tiffstitch said...

Very cute ideas and finishes! Also, always love a Blackadder reference. ;)

Faith... said...

Those are super cute! I love them.

Bethan said...

I love the additions of the beads. Not having the numbers on the same side as the picture makes it far less crowded. I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes together x

Astrids dragon said...

This is going to be amazing, I love how you are making it your own! Now you've got me thinking of an advent calendar, I don't have one that I've made... yet.

Ann C. said...

I can’t wait to see how you finished them.