Friday 27 December 2019

Smalls SAL - December 2019

Hello all!

It's the last Friday of the month so time for the Smalls SAL. Thank you, Mary, for continuing to host this fun little SAL. Pop over to Mary's Blog to see what other participants have been stitching in the way of Smalls this month, providing Christmas hasn't got in the way too much!



Each month I stitch a small project specifically for this SAL which doesn't appear elsewhere on my blog. This month it was the second of six Christmas cards by Durene Jones:

Happy Christmas by Durene Jones (etsy)
Stitch Count 45 wide by 45 high
Stitched on 16ct silver lurex aida 2 over 1
Started - 1st December 2019
Finished - 9th December 2019
Total stitching time - 9 hours 30 minutes


I can't believe how long this little piece took to stitch; it certainly didn't seem like almost ten hours. He was an absolute joy to work on, especially with adding a few red beads again. I did find myself giggling, though, as to whether that's him smiling behind his beard or he's dropped a tiny candy cane!


For this Smalls SAL I'm also re-showing other qualifying small projects I've stitched during the month. As usual there are...

My birthstone of the month, December In Turquoise:



And my monarch of the month, Richard II:



I'm really hoping this SAL will continue to run next year. I enjoy stitching a small project each month and have quite a few waiting for attention; at one each month I could be joining in for many years to come!

Take care,
Rachel x

9 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the cute finishes Rachel.

Linda

Cathy said...

I love the Santa ornament! Wouldn't the Halloween ones be considered Smalls too? Or are they bigger than I think they are?

Faith... said...

Oh I love Ho Ho Ho! Durene Jones always has some super cute and quick designs.

Astrids dragon said...

That Santa is adorable!

Kaisievic said...

Santa is very cute and I love Richard II, although he came to rather a sad end!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on your Smalls! The laughing Santa is very cute.

Katie said...

Oh I love that. Of course. Like our tastes have never been the same before this haha. Can't wait to see what you stitch next year too.

Bethan said...

Oh that Christmas card is wonderful! x

Leonore Winterer said...

He's cute, but now I can't unsee the candy cane!