Friday 8 November 2019

Bird Candelabra - finished!

Hi all!

I have another little finish to show you. This was the third Sue Hillis Dark Shadows project I started during Dark October and now the third finish.

Here's how it looked at the end of October:


And now finished:

Bird Candelabra by Sue Hillis Designs
Stitched on 16ct Purple Potion over-dyed aida by sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitched with black Etoile and Miyuki silver-lined gunmetal seed beads
Stitch Count 50 wide by 67 high 
Started - 24th October 2019
Finished - 8th November 2019
Total Stitching Time - 5 hours 15 minutes


Actually, it's not completely finished as each bird is supposed to have a french knot for an eye, the same as the bats in my previous finish, Trick or Treat. However, having attempted the eyes numerous times (including with beads) and not succeeded to make them look at least partially realistic, I left them out. I don't think it spoils the overall effect; afterall, the designs are supposed to be silhouettes, right?

Next up as my two-thread-lengths-a-day project will be Boo!

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on another cute finish Rachel. I love this series.

Linda

Cathy said...

I don't think the missing eyes on this piece detract from it at all. I'm glad you're continuing your two lengths a day so that you don't create more UFO's

Katie said...

Oh I love this one! I think they look better without the eyes. You're right. Supposed to be shadows. Good luck with the next one.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, moreo f the pretty beads! It looks fantastic.

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish! And definitely a good idea to leave the frustrating eyes alone.

Faith... said...

I agree, they are shadows so no eyes are needed. Love this piece.

Congrats on another finish.

Astrids dragon said...

Great finish, I love the fabric it's on! They don't need eyes, they "look" great without them!