Tuesday 22 October 2019

Dark October - week 3 progress

Hi all!

Three-quarters of the way through Dark October and my small Halloween projects are steadily progressing.

At the end of week two the Chandelier was almost complete:


And now it is!

Chandelier from Dark Shadows by Sue Hillis Designs
Stitched on 16ct Purple Potion over-dyed aida by sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitched with black Etoile and Miyuki silver-lined gunmetal seed beads
Stitch Count 61 wide by 81 high
Started - 1st October 2019
Finished - 17th October 2019
Total Stitching Time - 8 hours 30 minutes


I used black Etoile for the chandelier, regular DMC for the flames and Miyuki silver-lined Montanna seed beads for the chains, which I think really work and make it look more like a chandelier than using plain crosses.

So, having finished the chandelier I was free to start another. But which one to start next? Here's a reminder of my choices:

Dark Shadows - Cross Stitch Pattern


I decided on Trick Or Treat (top left) and here is my progress so far:

Stitched on 16ct Pink Pixie over-dyed aida by sewitall.com 2 over 1


I very much doubt this will be finished by the end of October but you never know. You'll find out in my final Dark October posting at the end of the month.

Take care,
Rachel x

8 comments:

Terri said...

Love, love, LOVE the chandelier!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish and start Rachel.

Linda

Bethan said...

The beads look great - and you are right that they look more effective than crosses. Great finish x

Leonore Winterer said...

Great finish - these chains look amazing!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the chandelier. I think I need this series and some purple fabric too.
The beads are definitely necessary, they look beautiful.

Katie said...

Oh I love the way this turned out. The beads are the perfect addition. Love the new one too. Some people do Halloween stitching on the 13th and 31st of the months throughout the year. You could keep stitching on these for those days.

Astrids dragon said...

Great finish, especially on that fabric. I hope you're going to do them all!

Cathy said...

I love the way that looks with the beads as chains!