Wednesday 16 January 2019

New Start - Hogwarts In A Bottle - 10 hours

Good morning!

Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy, am I enjoying this new start or what?! I've been desperately wanting to start this since I first purchased it last June and now my dream has come true!

Here's the first progress picture after 10 hours, both close up and on the whole piece of fabric:


Hogwarts In A Bottle by CutePatternsByMaria (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Lazurite hand-dyed aida by Chromatic Alchemy 2 over 1
Started - 7th January 2019


And one last reminder of how the project will eventually look:



There are a lot of blended threads in this project; out of 55 symbols 23 use blended threads. I've stitched some already and must admit they make such a difference when transitioning between two colours. Obviously!

Having been really pleased with the colour of the fabric, I had even more luck with it. As I began stitching I thought the holes seemed a bit closer together and that I was getting more stitches out of a length of thread than usual. Yep! Although 16ct, the aida obviously shrank during the dyeing process and is now 17.25ct! This means less show through and a very slighter smaller end project, both of which I'm happy with!

After finishing the 10 hours on this one I had more stitching time left that night, so had a choice of either sitting twiddling my fingers or starting another new project. No-brainer decision really! The new one will, no doubt, be appearing for your inspection soon (and that's a very subtle clue as to which one it is!)

Take care,
Rachel x

13 comments:

Stasi said...

Rachel, I am new to your blog and excited to see your new project. Having just got back from Harry Potter World in FL, this made me smile. You're off to a great start and I look forward to following your progress.

Katie said...

I figured you would really enjoy this one. Great start on it! Can't wait to see what the next one is.

Sasha said...

I love this one! I have this pattern in my pile of to-do projects. I may get to it sometime soon, hopefully!
I can't wait to see more progress!

Faith... said...

LOVE the fabric color Rachel! You are off to a fantastic start.
Can't wait to see which piece comes next!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait until you get to the picture in that bottle, great start on it. Happy stitching!!!

Cathy said...

Great start! I love the fabric you chose. I hope this comes up in your rotation frequently!

Linda said...

I really love your new start Rachel and great progress.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That fabric is just gorgeous for this design!

deb said...

What marvelous fabric - love the color! Wonderful start to a cool design - am going to enjoy watching this one progress.

rosey175 said...

Yesssss, the Hogwarts bottle! I'm glad you've started this one. The fabric looks lovely for it too~ :D

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Love the colour of the fabric, so pretty! Glad the slight shrinkage is giving you better coverage too :)

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a great start - I love Maria's patterns, I've only stitched a small one so far but I'm sure it won't be the last. Love the fabric as well.

Tiffstitch said...

Love this one! Great start and I knew I recognized the fabric from the newer post. :) Love this colour, although almost all CA fabric is amazing.