Saturday 30 December 2017

Cute Animal Calendar - finished

Good afternoon all!

Those of you who have been following the Smalls SAL during 2017 will have noticed that I have been stitching part of a calendar each month. I am very pleased to report that I succeeded in completing the whole project during the year and on schedule! And here it is:

Cute Animal Calendar by Durene Jones
Stitched on 16ct Nantucket over-dyed aida from Sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitch count 184 wide by 176 high
Started - 1st January 2017
Finished - 9th December 2017
Total stitching time - 97 hours 5 minutes


Obviously there are some months that I enjoyed stitching more than others - I think July has to be my favourite and November my least favourite - and some which were more straight-forward than others - the backstitching on September's Hedgehog took ages!

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with it. I doubt I'll frame it or make it into a wall hanging, so I might cut it up and mount each month onto a card which can be displayed at the appropriate time. I've not left much space between them but it's doable - if I'm careful and if I've got the willpower to take a pair of scissors to it! Better that than have it sitting in my Box of Shame!

So, that's my last finish of the year to show you. I was hoping to have finished one more but fitting about 20 hours of stitching into the last two days of the year is simply not going to happen!

I've got my really boring Year End Summary to post tomorrow and then it's on to my 2018 projects. I must say I'm rather looking forward to it!

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Katie said...

Wohoo I love this one. Thanks for sharing it with me. Of course we all know I needed another project haha. Can't wait to see what you do in 2018! I'll be here cheering you along.

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Rachel.

Linda

Faith... said...

It turned out absolutely adorable Rachel! Congrats on the finish.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Preeti said...

Congrats on the cute finish ! :) Stitching a calendar was a good idea for small SALs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This was such a fun SAL to follow this year, and now we can do it all again with Katie!

vaiybora said...

Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.

หนังตลก