Monday 18 April 2016

A-Z Challenge - O is for.....

Hello again!

Only two weeks left of the A-Z Challenge so we're just about on the homeward stretch. For today we have O is for:


Ole (with an accent over the e):
interjection - used as a shout of triumph or encouragement or to mean 'bravo', customarily used at bullfights and during flamenco dancing in Spain and Latin American countries
noun - a cry of 'ole'
origin - derived from the Arabic "Allah" and shouted when a performer reached maximum grace or intensity. At this time they were considered to be showing the power of Allah through their performance.

More recently the phrase has lost the religious connection and is used as a chant (often of encouragement) during various sporting events such as football, WWF and Canadian ice hockey.


I've kept to a Spanish theme for charts today. There are so many to choose from but I have selected:

Spanish Bull by Koekoek

Spain Map by Heritage Crafts

Paso Doble by Lanarte


My personal Os include:
October - both of my children and I have birthdays in October. Hubby feels left out, but he only missed October by three days.


And my O finish... well, what else could it be but:

Owls in Love

This piece went down a storm last year both while I was posting progress pictures and once I had finished and framed it. I know it's only a few months since you last saw it but how could I not show it again today (especially as I've had some new followers since then)?


A mixed bag of Ps tomorrow!
Rachel x

11 comments:

Heather said...

Outrageous designs! ;). Still love owls and I'm awed by your commitment with all greys

Justine said...

You naughty girl! I've just fallen in love with that Paso Doble design. Your Owls are so gorgeous and I don't think we'll ever get tired of seeing them.

Brigitte said...

Great charts you chose for the Spanish theme. These Paso dancers are just gorgeous. Or maybe only she is the dancer and he is a torero.
No matter how often you show your owls, I always love seeing them again :)

Preeti said...

Your owls are always so lovely to see:)
Your husband should rather feel special as he added one more month for celebration:)

#HeatherMakes said...

Brilliant!! I love your owls :D 2 months of birthday cake instead of one month sounds great to me! :D

Mii Stitch said...

The Paso Doble design you have found is amazing.
Glad you're sharing your cute owls again with us, we can't get enough of them :)

HBF said...

Ole! Very well done :o) Interesting how all those birthdays fell in October. So far the baby and I are February and the hubster is January. He wants "our next one to be born in January, mmk?" Haha

Tiffstitch said...

yay, good to see the owls again and our birthdays are close since I'm in September. I have sung "Ole, ole, ole, ole" at Canadiens games and while watching on TV. :)

Linda said...

Just love the owls Rachel. Our birthdays are close too as I am in September.

Linda

Katie said...

"O"hhh I loved that beautiful Owl piece. So glad to see it again.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh wonderful! My son, my husband, my Dad and my Grandad are all Librans (September or October) so it's a wonderful time of the year to have a Birthday!