Saturday 2 April 2016

A-Z Challenge - B is for.....

Good morning.

Thank you for your positive comments yesterday and returning for day 2 and the letter B of the April A-Z Challenge 2016.

For today we have:



Beeline:
nouna straight line between two places
idiomto go towards something/somebody as quickly as you can
origin - the early 19th century with reference to the straight line supposedly taken instinctively by a bee when returning to the hive

I think we knew that anyway, especially where the words "cross stitch" and "sale" come together!! I'm wondering though, can you make a beeline towards an internet shop with a computer and mouse or smart phone and finger in the same way you would make a beeline towards an actual shop in person? I don't see why not, but it doesn't have quite the same ring to it.


Here are a selection of bee-themed charts:

Buzzy in the Garden by Cinnamon Cat Designs

Barnabees Quest Part 1 by Just Nan

 Bee Hive by Lisa Desimini (HAED)


My personal Bs for today are:
BrickLink.com - an internet site where hubby and I have "owned" a Lego shop since 2002 through which we buy and sell lots of those little plastic bricks.
Brownies - I was a Brownie in my distant youth - 9th Clacton-on Sea it was.
BSc Econ (Hons) - my degree from University College Swansea (as it was then known) in Geography and Development Studies (for those not familiar with degree names it stands for Bachelor of Economic and Social Science with Honours).


For my finished project today I have chosen:

Ballerina by Bette Davis (DMC)
stitched in 2005/6 for my daughter who was doing ballet at the time

The tutu was stitched using a blend of normal DMC and metallic threads and was an absolute pain in the proverbial! There should have been a flowery border but I didn't think it was needed because the frame it was in at the time provided border enough.


And so ends the Bs. Back tomorrow with a New Start, then Monday with C.
Rachel x

14 comments:

Preeti said...

I am the first Bee to comment on your B:) That HAED beehive is funny. Your ballerina finish is cute!!

Pat Garcia said...

Your bee themed charts are beautiful. They look like real stitched work done by a needle. I'm very impressed.
Shalom,
Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

Linda said...

Fun post Rachel. All these charts your showing - are they in your stash? Your ballerina is very pretty.

Linda

HBF said...

The ballerina is so sweet! Well done, thanks for sharing :)

Justine said...

What a sweet ballerina! I definitely think you can make a beeline for online shops. Especially a certain fabric shop we both love!
Cute charts though I dread to think how long it would take to stitch the beehive hair do!

craftingpaws said...

What a cute post for the letter "B" and your ballerina is super adorable!

Carrie from
Crafting Paws

Heather said...

Great post!

Brigitte said...

Oh great, I'm a fan of bee charts and the first that you show is so cute. And that beehive hairdo is hilarious, lol. Lovely ballerina you stitched for your daughter.

Stitching Noni said...

I am a real fan of bees, beehives (both bee home and hairdo) and ballerinas... so this a great post for me!!
Hugs xx

Mii Stitch said...

Another Brillant post Rachel :)
I would definitely do a B line for stash online or not!
Cute little ballerina you did for your daughter.

Katie said...

For some reason I missed this post. I see it now though. What a beautiful post. Love your adorable ballerina.

Keebles said...

I was a Brownie once too, but never made it to Girl Scouts because I refused to sell cookies.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Don't worry, Bee Happy! Love that Beehive hair do too.
Nice to learn more about you too, especially the Lego shop, what fun!

Tiffstitch said...

Very amusing charts and info and love your ballerina!