Goodness me, I'm very late finishing this month's LK stamp but at least it's still November!
Do you remember I wanted to replace the LK pheasant with either fireworks or poppies? Well, that was easier said than done! I scoured the internet for suitable free fireworks and poppy charts but didn't have much success. Then I thought about using autumnal icons such as squirrels, acorns and leaves but wasn't too lucky there either. Finally I decided to raid my mum's messy stash (which hasn't really been touched for five years) and I came across this poppy design. The poppy was perfect but I had to alter the leaves to fit in the allotted space.
I'm not that happy with it as it has more of a "flower-of-the-month" rather than sombre feeling. But at least you can (should be able to) tell it's a poppy! I'm sorry if redesigning the stamp upsets any LK perfectionists, but I tried to keep to her style as best I could.
Stitch count 47 wide by 47 high
Stitched on 16ct Rustico Aida 2 over 1
Started - 2nd November 2015
Finished - 25th November 2015
Total stitching time - 12 hours 10 minutes
Now for December's Stamp - yippee - and the last in the series - boo-hoo! Good job I've got more LK smalls planned for nearly every month next year!
Happy stitching everybody!