Wednesday 1 July 2015

June Progress on DSDUCJFC 2015 Pieces

Hello again!

First of all a big thank you to everyone who reads and comments on my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will eventually reply to those still in my inbox. If you don't receive a reply it's because you are a no-reply blogger, so please consider this an extra big thank you to you too.

I promise July will definitely be the month when I gradually catch up with reading and commenting on blogs.

But for now, it's time for another progress update on my remaining 47 DSDUCJFC pieces. Don't the months fly past when you're having fun!

My June targets were to finish one Challenge piece and stitch on at least four more. Here's how I did:

I did indeed finish one piece.....

* autumn

..... and I did stitch on at least four more; six to be exact:


Dreaming of Dolphins from 7th January
completed the second dolphin (the gap is for the fin of the fourth dolphin)



Lickle Ted - April Showers from 8th January
added the rain



Tatty Ted - A Tatty Friend from 13th January
finished stitching the teddy



Polar Bears from 7th February
finished the head of the first cub and started the second cub
(as you can see from the amount of progress, I found it hard to put this one down!)



Little Black Cat - Cream from 9th February
added some of the pot



Ravenclaw from 18th February
continued the raven


That's a good amount of progress which I'm very very happy with.

My July targets for Challenge pieces remain the same - finish one and stitch on at least four more. Any suggestions as to which ones you might like to see me work on during July would be welcome, although Dreaming of Dolphins, Polar Bears and Ravenclaw are already on the list!

And how about a nice wry smile to finish with?

I realise we're only just halfway through the year but I thought I'd let you know I've already chosen my 31 projects for next January's Challenge! Note, I said 31 for January, not 59 (or rather 60 as it's a leap year) for both January and February. Over half of the charts are fairly small (less than 20 hours) so should stitch up quickly. That gives me six months to collect the fabrics and threads together and get working copies of the charts. I think that should be long enough! I just wonder how long it will be before that list of 31 gets increased to 60???? Hmmm, I give it to the end of August!!!  ;)

See you soon,

Take care and happy stitching!
Rachel x

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely stitching!

I'd love to see you work on Hufflepuff (I'm a Hufflepuff) ^_^

Annie said...

Lots of great progress on all your wonderful pieces!
You are an inspiration:)

Mii Stitch said...

Awesome progress on all your WIPs!!! I love Ravenclaw, it is lovely ;)
I think I will be taking part in the Challenge in January too... maybe for just 15 days though. Well, that's my plan for now but I might go ahead with 31... :D

Heather said...

Yay great progress! I love the polar bears they're adorable! I'm a gryffindor so of course I like that one but hubby is ravenclaw lol

Annie said...

You have done so well on your projects:) They are so adorable:)

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on all of the projects Rachel. You know you have to do 60 starts with me. You might as well start thinking about them now. lol

Linda

Kate said...

Beautiful progress, Rachel! You got a lot done. I have a tentative list, but will probably change it 10 times before January. Yes, you have to do 60 with me and Linda; that's my vote :-)

Anonymous said...

great progress, your projects are sooo cute :-)

Esmeralda said...

Great update !
You done a lot
Love esspecially your dolphins, polar bears and the black cat
Greetings from holland

Leigh said...

Looks like you've made some wonderful progress! I can't believe you're already gearing up for another challenge :)

Tina said...

WOW!! Look at all your progress! Great job!!! How cute is that polar bear! And the dolphins!!! My favorite of your wips. I think they look so real, like they are going to just swim off the fabric!!!! Can't wait to see more!!

Brigitte said...

Lovely progress on your WIPs. And wow, you are planning ahead very early.

Justine said...

These are all lovely though as you know I have a soft spot for Dolphins and of course being a Ravenclaw girl I just love that one! Maybe seeing as you're enjoying the Polar Bears you could choose another of those baby animal designs to stitch?
I'm not even going to comment on you choosing 31 designs for next January except to say...I bet you will be choosing 29 more in the not too distant future!

Katie said...

Way behind on reading blogs but so nice to see gorgeous stitching being done by you. Just LOVE the dolphin piece of course. The others are fantastic too. Great job sticking with your goal and Good luck with the next month's goals. I know of a few I'm going to start next time. I know I won't have this year's complete though so I better just stick with 15.

Miamina said...

Great progress, I really do love that fabric for the dolphins! They all look awesome. I think you may need to see a Dr......you may well be certifiable!!