Saturday 21 February 2015

DSDUCJFC 2015 - Day 51

Morning!

A tiny start for today, the evil minions from Despicable Me 2. When completed I thought I would make this into a reversible hanging ornament - if it ever escapes the bin of shame that is!

Sad to say the Pixel Power curse is still with me though - on Star Trek I only managed to stitch Uhura's hair, Clue required constant frogging and this one... I stitched the wrong colours - and it's not as if there's that many to choose from! Maybe I'm jinxed and shouldn't do any more from this company!!!


Evil Minions
Free chart download from pixelpowerdesign.com here
Stitched on 16ct Platinum aida 2 over 1


And now for the big March to-stitch-or-not-to-stitch reveal. Thank you to everyone who voted and/or left a comment either trying to knock sense into me or urging me to carry on. It was a very hard decision to make but in the end my head had to rule over my heart so, I'm afraid/pleased (depending on your viewpoint) to say that I shall not be carrying on daily new starts past 28th February :(

My main reasons are:
1) I would like to return to my big projects (alright, I could do both I suppose)
2) I would like to finish at least some of the 59 starts (less likely if I start more)
3) I would probably have to buy more fabric and threads (an unnecessary expense)
4) I would like to leave enough for the challenge next year (without buying any more)
5) and most importantly..... when I agreed to do February I promised there would be no more new starts other than those planned at the beginning of the year..... and I like to keep my promises.

I also strongly considered the psychological effect that, later in the year, I would feel guilty or overwhelmed or depressed to look at a box full of projects which have become UFOs instead of WIPs, Deep thinking there!

So, it's 51 down and only 8 more to go. Honest!

Happy stitching
Crazy Rachel x

5 comments:

Miamina said...

Very sweet! Well done on making a decision that is right for you :)

Heather said...

Good decision. It'll be fun to watch your WIPs grow :)

Linda said...

Cute chart Rachel.

Linda

Katie said...

Love your new start. Boy the minions are really taking over the world lately. I need to watch the movies they are in cause I don't know anything about them.

I support your decision and don't blame you at all. I look forward to watching your progress on pieces.

Mii Stitch said...

You made the right decision for you (and I totally agree with your choice & reasons) and as long as you had fun with the Challenge in the first place, to me this is the most important!!
Sorry the Minions were a pain in the backside... I haven't seen the second movie yet :)