Saturday 14 February 2015

DSDUCJFC 2015 - Day 44

Good morning again!

Daughter Heather says thank you very much for all the get well wishes and hugs you have been sending her. She's still totally exhausted but has an incentive to get better as she's supposed to be camping (indoors) with the Scouts next weekend. Next week is also half-term so she can concentrate on recovering without the added pressure of school.

On to my new start - it's the cast of Clue. Clue is my favouritest film of all time so there was no doubt I was going to stitch this sooner rather than later. If you don't know the film, it's a who-dunnit using the characters, weapons and rooms from the Cluedo board game. The superb cast (including Tim Curry, Eileen Brennan and Christopher Lloyd) do a brilliant job of bringing the game to life with fantastic over-acting and a witty plot. It's a very recommended good waste of 90 minutes if you get a chance to watch it.


Cast of Clue
From Pixel Power (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Platinum Aida 2 over 1


But..... it was a nightmare to stitch! I kept miscounting, frogging, and talk about threads getting tangled up! It was a really frustrating day. Perhaps I was affected by friggatriskaidekaphobia!! There's another Friday the 13th in March so I think I'll not stitch that day!

Happy stitching
Crazy Rachel x

6 comments:

Justine said...

Glad to hear Heather is on the mend . I love the school holidays - even though I'm working my usual 3 days I love having the boys at home. I've never seen Clue but will look out for it. I have stitched 2 pixel people and ended up frogging lots of both in the beginning but was ok once I got into them. It's weird as they're not difficult at all!

Justine said...

Glad to hear Heather is on the mend . I love the school holidays - even though I'm working my usual 3 days I love having the boys at home. I've never seen Clue but will look out for it. I have stitched 2 pixel people and ended up frogging lots of both in the beginning but was ok once I got into them. It's weird as they're not difficult at all!

Linda said...

I love this one Rachel. It looks like it would be so much fun to stitch. I have played the game but have not seen the movie.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

I've never watch this movie before. Will have to look for it next time I'll be buying a DVD :)
Sorry you had to frog... hope the threads behave next time you work on this project!!
Hope Heather gets well enough so that she can enjoy her indoor camping time :)

Katie said...

Oh I love that movie! Of course anything with Tim Curry is fantastic!

Unknown said...

This is on my Netflix list! The film I mean. Yup I love Tim Curry too...long before Harry Potter was around he was the Grand High Wizard in one of my favourite childhood films.